In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Italian sausages with tangy currant mostarda and wilted greens
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 550 Calories/Serving
In this easy paleo dinner, Italian sausages, lightly cooked greens, and currant mostarda (a Chef Justine favorite) combine for a trifecta of flavor: sweet, salty, and tangy.
In your bag
- Sunbasket mostarda base (maple syrup - apple cider vinegar - Dijon mustard)
- 2 tablespoons currants
- 2 fresh mild Italian pork sausages (about ¼ pound each)
- 10 ounces organic cauliflower “rice”
- 1 organic red onion
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 bunch organic mustard greens or other leafy greens (about ¾ pound)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
Calories 550, Total Fat 33g (51% DV), Sat. Fat 8g (40% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 55mg (18% DV), Sodium 940mg (39% DV), Total Carb. 41g (14% DV), Fiber 10g (40% DV), Total Sugars 25g (Incl. 9g Added Sugars, 18% DV), Protein 24g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the currant mostarda
Prep and cook the sausages
- Pat the sausages dry with a paper towel; prick in a few places with a fork, if desired.
While the sausages cook and rest, cook the cauliflower “rice.”
Cook the cauliflower “rice”
While the cauliflower "rice" cooks, start preparing the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; cook the greens
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure ½ cup [1 cup].
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Remove any coarse stems from the mustard greens; coarsely chop the greens.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves for garnish.
- Measure the water for the mostarda.
- Measure the onion.
- Remove the coarse stems from the mustard greens.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Garnish with the parsley.