In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Italian sausages with warm cauliflower-kale salad and artichoke romesco
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 520 Calories/Serving
We give classic Spanish romesco an Italian twist with artichokes, and served it with Italian sausage to make a hearty paleo and gluten-free meal.
In your bag
- 4 fresh mild Italian pork sausages (about ¼ pound each) (contain pork and spices)
- 6 ounces button mushrooms
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 bunch kale (about ½ pound)
- Sunbasket artichoke romesco (artichoke hearts - roasted almonds - olive oil - sherry vinegar - arugula - fresh garlic - sweet smoked paprika)
- 6 or 7 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ½ teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
Nutrition per serving
Total Fat 35g (45% DV), Sat. Fat 9g (45% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 70mg (23% DV), Sodium 1040mg (45% DV), Total Carb. 25g (9% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 7g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 18g
Contains: Tree Nuts
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the sausages and mushrooms
- Pat the sausages dry with a paper towel; prick in a few places with a fork.
- Cut the mushrooms in half lengthwise; cut any large halves into quarters.
While the sausages and mushrooms cook, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Remove the stems, ribs, and seeds from the bell peppers; coarsely chop the peppers.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets, discarding any leaves or thick stalks. Cut the florets into corn-kernel-sized pieces.
- Strip the kale leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Measure out 2 tablespoons artichoke romesco; set aside the rest for garnish.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Divide into two equal portions, one for the cauliflower-kale salad and one for garnish.
Cook the cauliflower-kale salad
- Strip the kale leaves from the stems.
- Measure out the artichoke romesco.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems.
- Serve the meal.
- Help clean up.