In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Italian sausages with warm cauliflower salad and artichoke romesco
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 550 Calories/Serving
In our condiment for Italian sausages, we give classic Spanish romesco an Italian twist with artichokes instead of peppers to create a hearty paleo and gluten-free meal.
In your bag
- 2 fresh mild Italian pork sausages (about ¼ pound each)
- 3 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- 1 head organic frisée or other chicory lettuce
- Sunbasket artichoke romesco (artichokes - EVOO - almonds - sherry vinegar - arugula - fresh garlic - kosher salt - sweet smoked paprika)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- 10 ounces organic cauliflower “rice”
- 3 ounces organic baby kale or other leafy greens
Calories 550, Total Fat 34g (44% DV), Sat. Fat 9g (45% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 70mg (23% DV), Sodium 1050mg (46% DV), Total Carb. 40g (15% DV), Fiber 15g (54% DV), Total Sugars 10g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 28g
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the sausages and mushrooms
- Pat the sausages dry with a paper towel; prick in a few places with a fork.
- Cut the mushrooms in half lengthwise; cut any large mushrooms into quarters.
While the sausages and mushrooms cook, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; coarsely chop the pepper.
- Trim the root end from the frisée; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Measure 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] artichoke romesco for the salad; set aside the rest for garnish.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Divide into two equal portions, one for the salad and one for garnish.
Cook the warm cauliflower salad
- Measure the artichoke romesco.
- Strip the parsley leaves and divide into two equal portions.
- Garnish the dish.