Italian sausages with warm cauliflower salad and artichoke romesco
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Mediterranean
25 – 40 Minutes
In our condiment for Italian sausages, we give classic Spanish romesco an Italian twist with artichokes instead of peppers to create a hearty paleo and gluten-free meal.
In your bag
- 2 fresh mild Italian pork sausages (about ¼ pound each) (contain pork and spices)
- 3 ounces button mushrooms (such as cremini)
- 1 red bell pepper
- ½ head chicory lettuce (such as frisée or endive)
- Sun Basket artichoke romesco (artichokes - almonds - olive oil - sherry vinegar - arugula - fresh garlic - sweet smoked paprika)
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- 10 ounces cauliflower “rice” (see Market Watch note)
- 2 ounces baby greens (such as kale or arugula)
A sauce from Catalan Spain, romesco is traditionally an earthy blend of roasted peppers, almonds, garlic, smoked paprika, and sherry vinegar. Whether made from a base of roasted red peppers, or our modern twist of cooked artichoke hearts, it’s an ideal match for meats and vegetables.
Organic cauliflower “rice” is still a scarce commodity, so you may receive organic whole cauliflower, broccoli crowns, or broccoli “rice” instead. For broccoli “rice,” which is made from the stems, follow the recipe as written. For whole cauliflower or broccoli crowns, cut the vegetable lengthwise into quarters, discarding any leaves or thick stalks. Using a food processor fitted with the grater attachment, or the coarse holes of a box grater, coarsely grate. Alternatively, using a knife, cut the florets into ¼-inch pieces. Then follow the recipe as written.
Calories: 560, Protein: 19g (38% DV), Fiber: 11g (44% DV), Total Fat: 40g (62% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 12g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 10g (50% DV), Cholesterol: 70mg (23% DV), Sodium: 980mg (41% DV), Carbohydrates: 24g (8% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.