Italian sausages with warm cauliflower salad and artichoke romesco
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean
25 – 40 Minutes
In our condiment for Italian sausages, we give classic Spanish romesco an Italian twist with artichokes instead of peppers to create a hearty paleo and gluten-free meal.
In your bag
- 2 fresh mild Italian pork sausages (about ¼ pound each) (contain pork and spices)
- 3 ounces button mushrooms (such as cremini)
- 1 red bell pepper
- ½ head chicory lettuce (such as frisée or endive)
- Sun Basket artichoke romesco (artichokes - roasted almonds - olive oil - sherry vinegar - arugula - fresh garlic - sweet smoked paprika)
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- 10 ounces cauliflower “rice”
- 2 ounces baby greens (such as kale or arugula)
A sauce from Catalan Spain, romesco is traditionally an earthy blend of roasted peppers, almonds, garlic, smoked paprika, and sherry vinegar. Whether made from the traditional base of roasted red peppers, or our modern twist of cooked artichoke hearts, it’s an ideal match for cooked meats and vegetables.
Calories: 630, Protein: 20g (40% DV), Fiber: 12g (48% DV), Total Fat: 48g (74% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 18g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 10g (50% DV), Cholesterol: 70mg (23% DV), Sodium: 990mg (41% DV), Carbohydrates: 27g (9% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.