Italian sausages with warm cauliflower salad and artichoke romesco
Dairy-Free, Paleo, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free
In our condiment for Italian sausages, we give classic Spanish romesco an Italian twist with artichokes instead of peppers to create a hearty paleo and gluten-free meal.
In your bag
- 2 fresh mild Italian pork sausages (about ¼ pound each)
- 3 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- 1 head organic frisée or other chicory lettuce
- Sun Basket artichoke romesco (artichokes - EVOO - almonds - sherry vinegar - arugula - fresh garlic - kosher salt - sweet smoked paprika)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- 10 ounces organic cauliflower “rice”
- 3 ounces organic baby kale or other leafy greens
Originally from the northern Spanish region of Catalonia, romesco is a red pepper sauce traditionally thickened with ground nuts and stale bread. It’s often flavored with paprika, garlic, and vinegar, but the variations are endless. A perfect accompaniment for roasted fish and grilled meats, it’s also delicious as a spread on crostini or as a dip for raw vegetables.
Calories: 550, Protein: 28g (56% DV), Fiber: 15g (60% DV), Total Fat: 34g (52% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 17g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 9g (45% DV), Cholesterol: 70mg (23% DV), Sodium: 1050mg (44% DV), Carbohydrates: 40g (13% DV), Total Sugars: 10g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.