In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Jajangmyeon noodle bowls with tempeh, greens, and black bean sauce
2 Servings, 750 Calories/Serving
Tangy sweet with our house-made fermented black soybean paste, these bowls were inspired by the dish of the same name served at a favorite San Francisco dim sum spot.
In your bag
- ½ pound organic flax tempeh
- 1 organic cucumber
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- ½ pound fresh udon noodles
- 1 bunch organic mustard greens or other leafy greens (about ¾ pound)
- Sun Basket fermented black soybean paste (fermented black soybeans - canola oil - garlic - ginger - gluten-free tamari - rice vinegar - Chinese chiles - brown sugar)
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (optional)
Calories: 750, Protein: 44g (88% DV), Fiber: 28g (112% DV), Total Fat: 25g (38% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 8g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 640mg (27% DV), Carbohydrates: 95g (32% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 1g (2% DV).
Contains: Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Start the tempeh
- Crumble or cut the tempeh into ¼-inch pieces.
While the tempeh cooks, prepare the pickled cucumber.
Pickle the cucumber
- Peel the cucumber, if desired; cut the cucumber into 2-inch matchsticks.
Cook the udon
While the udon cooks, prepare the mustard greens.
Prep the greens; finish the dish
- Strip the leaves from half the mustard greens and cut lengthwise into thin ribbons. Save the remaining greens for another use.
Using a slotted spoon or tongs, transfer the cucumber to a plate. Stir the pickling liquid into the pot with the udon and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Crumble the tempeh.
- Measure the water for the tempeh.
- Divide the mustard greens in half.
- Strip the mustard leaves from the stems.
- Garnish with the pickled cucumber.