In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spicy Jamaican black bean tostadas with peppers and chicory-nectarine slaw
Spicy, Diabetes-Friendly, Mediterranean, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Lean & Clean, Dairy-Free, Vegan
2 Servings, 510 Calories/Serving
The refried beans in these vegan tostadas are seasoned with a smoky Jamaican spice blend and topped with a sweet and tangy chicory-nectarine slaw.
In your bag
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- 3 ounces organic sweet mini peppers
- 1 head organic Treviso or other chicory lettuce
- 1 organic nectarine or other stone fruit
- 3 organic scallions
- 1 organic lime
- 1½ cups cooked black beans
- 2 tablespoons diced mild green chiles
- Sun Basket Jamaican spice blend (chipotle chile powder - granulated garlic - allspice - ground ginger - cayenne - cloves)
Calories: 510, Protein: 13g (26% DV), Fiber: 15g (60% DV), Total Fat: 22g (34% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 15g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 170mg (7% DV), Carbohydrates: 67g (22% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Crisp the tortillas
On a sheet pan, brush the tortillas all over with 1 to 2 tablespoons oil and season with salt; arrange side by side. Toast in the oven, turning halfway through, until crisp, 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Meanwhile, prepare the peppers and Treviso.
Prep and cook the peppers and Treviso
- Remove the stems and seeds from the sweet mini peppers; cut the peppers lengthwise into quarters.
- Keeping the root end intact, cut the Treviso in half lengthwise. Brush the cut sides with 1 to 2 teaspoons oil and season with salt.
In the same pan, place the Treviso, cut sides down, and cook over high heat without turning until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer the Treviso to a cutting board to cool slightly, then trim the root end and cut away the core; thinly slice the leaves crosswise. Do not clean the pan. While the peppers and Treviso cook, prepare the remaining slaw ingredients.
Make the slaw
- Cut the nectarine in half and remove the pit; cut the fruit into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; cut the scallions crosswise into 2-inch pieces, then lengthwise into thin strips.
- Juice the lime.
Make the refried beans
- Rinse the black beans.
- Prepare the tortillas for crisping.
- Juice the lime.
- Assemble the slaw.
- Rinse the beans.
- Measure the water for the beans.