In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Jamaican jerk-spiced pork with early summer salad
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 590 Calories/Serving
Inspired by the classic Jamaican barbecue rub, our custom spice blend gives these fast, easy pork blade steaks much more flavor than the short cook time might suggest.
In your bag
- 2 pork blade steaks (about 6 ounces each)
- Sunbasket Jamaican jerk seasoning (chipotle chile powder - granulated garlic - allspice - ground ginger - cayenne - cloves)
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- 6 ounces organic blueberries or other berries
- Sunbasket honey-lime vinaigrette base (fresh lime juice - shallots - honey - Aleppo chile flakes)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 2 ounces organic baby kale or other leafy greens
Nutrition per serving
Calories 590, Total Fat 43g (55% DV), Sat. Fat 10g (50% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 105mg (35% DV), Sodium 150mg (7% DV), Total Carb. 18g (7% DV), Fiber 4g (14% DV), Total Sugars 12g (Incl. 4g Added Sugars, 8% DV), Protein 32g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and season the pork
- Pat the pork dry with a paper towel. Cut the pork crosswise into ½-inch-thick slices; season with salt and pepper and rub all over with the Jamaican jerk seasoning. Let stand while you prepare the salad.
Start the salad
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper lengthwise into ¼-inch-wide strips, then crosswise into ¼-inch pieces.
- Measure ½ cup [1 cup] blueberries; save the rest for another use.
Cook the pork
While the pork cooks, finish the salad.
Toss the salad
- Coarsely chop the cilantro; set aside half for garnish.
- Measure the blueberries.
- Stir the vinaigrette.
- Stir the bell pepper and blueberries.
- Divide the cilantro.
- Toss the salad.