Jamaican jerk-spiced pork with early summer salad

In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.

Jamaican jerk-spiced pork with early summer salad

20-Minute Meal

Jamaican jerk-spiced pork with early summer salad

Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, <600 Calories, Protein Plus

2 Servings, 590 Calories/Serving

20 Minutes

Inspired by the classic Jamaican barbecue rub, our custom spice blend gives these fast, easy pork blade steaks much more flavor than the short cook time might suggest.

Get delicious recipes with organic produce and clean ingredients delivered

View our meal plans

In your bag

1 bag serves 2 (2 bags serve 4)
Sunbasket is proud to source the organic ingredients indicated below. On the rare occasion we are unable to meet our organic promise, we'll put a note in your bag.
  • 2 pork blade steaks (about 6 ounces each)
  • Sunbasket Jamaican jerk seasoning (chipotle chile powder - granulated garlic - allspice - ground ginger - cayenne - cloves)
  • 1 organic red or other bell pepper
  • 6 ounces organic blueberries or other berries
  • Sunbasket honey-lime vinaigrette base (fresh lime juice - shallots - honey - Aleppo chile flakes)
  • 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
  • 2 ounces organic baby kale or other leafy greens

Nutrition per serving

Calories 590, Total Fat 43g (55% DV), Sat. Fat 10g (50% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 105mg (35% DV), Sodium 150mg (7% DV), Total Carb. 18g (7% DV), Fiber 4g (14% DV), Total Sugars 12g (Incl. 4g Added Sugars, 8% DV), Protein 32g

Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten.

*Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.


2-serving instructions (4-serving modifications in red)

Wash produce before use


Prep and season the pork

  • Pat the pork dry with a paper towel. Cut the pork crosswise into ½-inch-thick slices; season with salt and pepper and rub all over with the Jamaican jerk seasoning. Let stand while you prepare the salad.


Start the salad

  • Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper lengthwise into ¼-inch-wide strips, then crosswise into ¼-inch pieces.
  • Measure ½ cup [1 cup] blueberries; save the rest for another use.
In a large bowl, stir together the honey-lime vinaigrette base and 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] oil; season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the bell pepper and ½ cup [1 cup] blueberries and stir to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Let stand while you prepare the pork.


Cook the pork

In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Working in batches if needed, add the pork and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Add more oil between batches if needed.
While the pork cooks, finish the salad.


Toss the salad

  • Coarsely chop the cilantro; set aside half for garnish.
To the bowl with the bell pepper and blueberries, add the kale and half the cilantro and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.


Transfer the pork and salad to individual bowls, garnish with the remaining cilantro, and serve.
Kids Can!
  • Measure the blueberries.
  • Stir the vinaigrette.
  • Stir the bell pepper and blueberries.
  • Divide the cilantro.
  • Toss the salad.