In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spicy Jamaican jerk tempeh with sautéed greens and mango salsa
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Mediterranean, Vegan, Diabetes-Friendly, Spicy, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 680 Calories/Serving
Paired with a cooling mango salsa, this lively Jamaican-inspired tempeh dish is both gluten-free and dairy-free, but most definitely full of bright tropical flavor.
In your bag
- ½ pound organic flax tempeh
- 1 organic red onion
- 2 ounces roasted red peppers
- 1 organic mango
- 1 organic lime
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- Sunbasket spicy Jamaican jerk simmer sauce base (gluten-free tamari - canola oil - garlic - ginger - coconut sugar - allspice - onion powder - chili powder - cayenne - nutmeg - cinnamon)
- 5 ounces organic chopped chard or other leafy greens
Calories 680, Total Fat 39g (50% DV), Sat. Fat 4.5g (23% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 690mg (30% DV), Total Carb. 62g (23% DV), Fiber 17g (61% DV), Total Sugars 33g (Incl. 3g Added Sugars, 6% DV), Protein 26g
Contains: Tree Nuts (coconut), Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Start the tempeh
- Pat the tempeh dry with a paper towel. Crumble or cut the tempeh into ¼-inch pieces.
While the tempeh cooks, prepare the mango salsa.
Make the mango salsa
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure ¾ cup [1 cup] for the chard. Finely chop enough of the remaining onion to measure ¼ cup [½ cup] for the salsa.
- Scrape off any seeds from the roasted red peppers; finely chop the peppers.
- Trim the ends from the mango; cut away the peel, then cut the flesh away from the pit into halves. Cut the fruit into ¼-inch pieces.
- Zest the lime and juice half, keeping the zest and juice separate; cut half into wedges for garnish. [Zest and juice 1 lime; cut 1 lime into wedges.]
Crisp the tempeh; warm the sauce
- In a small bowl, stir together the spicy Jamaican jerk simmer sauce base and ¼ cup [½ cup] water.
Cook the chard
- Crumble the tempeh.
- Measure the water for the tempeh.
- Measure the onion.
- Juice the lime.
- Stir the mango salsa.