In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Japanese chahan fried rice with eggs, peas, and spinach
Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Vegetarian
2 Servings, 630 Calories/Serving
Chahan is Japan’s version of fried rice, a flavorful blend of vegetables, eggs, and savory sauce, all mixed into a bed of soft rice.
In your bag
- ¾ cup short-grain white rice
- 3 organic scallions
- 4 organic eggs
- 1 cup organic mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- ½ cup organic peas
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
- Sun Basket stir-fry blend (gluten-free tamari - toasted sesame oil - garlic - ginger)
Calories: 630, Protein: 23g (46% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 22g (34% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 11g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 310mg (103% DV), Sodium: 880mg (37% DV), Carbohydrates: 82g (27% DV), Total Sugars: 5g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
Prep the scallions and eggs
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the green parts for garnish.
- Crack the eggs into a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper. Using a fork or whisk, lightly beat until just blended.
Cook the chahan fried rice
Add the rice, peas, spinach, and half the stir-fry blend (the spinach in batches if needed). Increase the heat to high and cook, stirring to break up the eggs, until the peas are heated through, the spinach is just wilted, and the eggs are set, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt, pepper, and as much of the remaining stir-fry blend as you like.
- Rinse the rice.
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Garnish the dish with scallions.