In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Japanese mushroom rice with green beans in sesame dressing
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Vegetarian, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 540 Calories/Serving
Bet you’ve never had mushrooms like this before. This Japanese mushroom rice is loaded with so much umami flavor, you won’t know what to do with yourself.
In your bag
- 5 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- ¾ cup short-grain white rice
- 3 organic scallions
- Sunbasket tamari seasoning (gluten-free tamari - toasted sesame oil - rice vinegar - garlic - ginger)
- ¼ cup shelled edamame
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 6 ounces organic green beans
- Sunbasket sesame dressing (gluten-free tamari - sesame seeds - honey - rice vinegar)
Nutrition per serving
Calories 540, Total Fat 16g (21% DV), Sat. Fat 2g (10% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 1180mg (51% DV), Total Carb. 87g (32% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 8g (Incl. 2g Added Sugars, 4% DV), Protein 16g
Contains: Soybeans, Sesame
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the mushroom rice ingredients
Bring a medium sauce pot of generously salted water to a boil for the green beans.
- Thinly slice the mushrooms.
- Rinse the rice.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal, keeping the light and dark green parts separate. Set aside dark green parts for garnish.
Cook the mushroom rice
In another medium sauce pot over medium heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the mushrooms and half the tamari seasoning and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are tender and the tamari seasoning has thickened and coats the mushrooms, 5 to 6 minutes.
Stir in the rice, edamame, vegetable broth, light parts of the scallions, remaining tamari seasoning, and ¼ cup [½ cup] water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Fluff with a fork, season to taste with salt and pepper, and cover to keep warm. While the mushrooms and rice are cooking, prepare the green beans.
Prep and cook the green beans
- Trim the stem ends from the green beans if needed
To the pot of boiling water, add the beans and cook until crisp-tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into 1-inch pieces.
In a medium bowl, stir together the green beans and sesame dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the mushroom rice to individual bowls and top with the green beans. Garnish with the dark green parts of the scallions and serve.
- Salt the water for the green beans.
- Rinse the rice.
- Separate the light and dark green parts of the scallions.
- Stir the green beans and sesame dressing.
- Garnish the dish with the scallions.