In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Japanese omelet rice bowls with maitake mushrooms and sambal mayo
Family-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Vegetarian
2 Servings, 640 Calories/Serving
Light and fresh, these Japanese-inspired meatless rice bowls offer a variety of textures and flavors in every bite.
In your bag
- ¾ cup short-grain white rice
- 3 ounces organic maitake or other specialty mushrooms
- ½ cup shelled edamame
- 1 organic avocado
- 3 organic scallions
- 2 organic eggs
- 2 ounces organic shredded napa or other cabbage
- Sambal mayo (paleo mayo - sambal oelek)
- ½ teaspoon shichimi togarashi
Calories: 640, Protein: 18g (36% DV), Fiber: 13g (52% DV), Total Fat: 34g (52% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 15g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 165mg (55% DV), Sodium: 270mg (11% DV), Carbohydrates: 67g (22% DV), Total Sugars: 3g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
While the rice cooks, prepare the rest of the meal.
Cook the mushrooms and edamame
- Trim the stem ends from the maitake mushrooms; separate the mushrooms into small clusters.
Prep the remaining ingredients; cook the omelets
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit, scoop out the flesh, and cut the flesh into ¼-inch-thick slices. Set aside for garnish.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; coarsely chop half the scallions. Thinly slice the remaining half for garnish.
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl; add the coarsely chopped scallions and season with salt and pepper. With a fork or whisk, lightly beat until just blended.
- Rinse the rice.
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Scoop out the avocado.
- Customize their bowls.