In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Japanese-style egg drop soup with udon, pancetta, and bok choy
2 Servings, 590 Calories/Serving
Shiitake mushrooms and pancetta bring rich and comforting flavor without feeling heavy. Sip on this soup any night of the week.
In your bag
- ½ ounce dried shiitake mushrooms
- ½ pound fresh udon noodles
- 2 or 3 heads organic baby bok choy (about ½ pound total)
- 3 organic scallions
- 2 pasture-raised organic eggs
- 3 ounces diced pancetta
- Miso soup base (white miso - gluten-free tamari - rice vinegar - fresh garlic - fresh ginger)
- 3 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (optional)
Calories: 590, Protein: 27g (54% DV), Fiber: 14g (56% DV), Total Fat: 25g (38% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 170mg (57% DV), Sodium: 2300mg (96% DV), Carbohydrates: 69g (23% DV), Total Sugars: 3g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Soak the mushrooms
While the mushrooms soak, prepare the udon noodles.
Cook the udon noodles
While the water heats and the udon cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the vegetables and eggs
- Trim the root ends from the bok choy; cut the bok choy in half lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the green parts for garnish.
- Crack the eggs into a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper. Using a whisk or fork, lightly beat until just blended.
- Remove the mushrooms, reserving the soaking liquid. Discard the stems and thinly slice the mushroom caps.
Cook the pancetta
Finish the soup
Whisk in the miso soup base, mushroom soaking liquid, and 2 cups [3 cups] water until incorporated. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and add the eggs, stirring rapidly with a whisk until the eggs form noodle-like strands, about 1 minute.
Remove from the heat and season lightly to taste with salt and pepper.
- Measure the water for the mushrooms and soup.
- Time the mushrooms and udon.
- Garnish the soup with scallions.