In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Japanese tsukune turkey meatballs with smashed cucumber salad
Gluten-Free, Lean & Clean, Soy-Free, Family-Friendly, Dairy-Free, Paleo, Carb-Conscious, Mediterranean
2 Servings, 450 Calories/Serving
Slathered with a lip-smackin’ sauce, tsukune meatballs are a staple of Japanese yakitori-style cooking. For maximum flavor in every bite, we use our gingery stir-fry blend three delicious ways.
In your bag
- 6 organic scallions
- Your choice of protein
- Sunbasket stir-fry blend (coconut aminos - toasted sesame oil - garlic - ginger)
- 1 organic cucumber
- 1 organic lime
- Sunbasket tahini-coconut blend (tahini - coconut milk)
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
- 2 tablespoons fried shallots
- Sunbasket sesame seed blend (white sesame seeds - black sesame seeds)
Calories 450, Total Fat 29g (45% DV), Sat. Fat 6g (30% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 100mg (33% DV), Sodium 340mg (14% DV), Total Carb. 17g (6% DV), Fiber 5g (20% DV), Total Sugars 6g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 32g
Contains: Tree Nuts (coconut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the meatballs
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the green parts for the smashed cucumber salad.
- Cut a small corner from your protein packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
In a large bowl, combine your protein, white parts of the scallions, 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] stir-fry blend, and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] cold water and season generously with salt and pepper. Using a wooden spoon or other large spoon, stir the mixture vigorously until it is well combined and looks creamy, about 1 minute. Set the bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes to firm up while you prepare the smashed cucumber.
Smash the cucumber and scallions
- Cut the cucumber lengthwise into quarters, then crosswise into 2-inch pieces.
- Juice half the lime; cut the remaining half into wedges for garnish. [Juice 1 lime; cut the remaining lime into wedges.]
In a resealable plastic bag, combine the cucumber, green parts of the scallions, and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Using the back of a wooden spoon or the bottom of a cup, lightly smash the vegetables. Let stand while you prepare the rest of the meal.
Shape and cook the meatballs
- Using wet hands, form your protein mixture into 1-inch meatballs.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the meatballs and cook, turning occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] stir-fry blend and toss to coat. Meanwhile, finish the smashed cucumber salad.
Assemble the smashed cucumber salad
In another large bowl, stir together the tahini-coconut blend and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] stir-fry blend; season with salt and pepper. Add the cucumber, scallions, and any accumulated juices from the bag and stir gently to coat with the dressing. Stir in the spinach and season to taste with salt and pepper and any remaining lime juice.
Transfer the meatballs and smashed cucumber salad to individual plates. Garnish with the fried shallots and as much sesame seed blend as you like. Serve the lime wedges and remaining stir-fry blend on the side.
- Separate the white and green parts of the scallions.
- Juice the lime.
- Smash the cucumber.
- Assemble the salad.
- Garnish the dish.