In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Jersey Shore shrimp chowder with spiced ciabatta croutons
2 Servings, 670 Calories/Serving
Sandwiched between Manhattan, where tomato-based chowders reign, and Maryland, famous for its Old Bay Seasoning, the Jersey Shore takes influences from both places, showcased in this soup.
In your bag
- 1½ cups organic mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- 6 ounces organic new potatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Sunbasket tomato base (tomatoes - tomato paste - garlic)
- Shellfish options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- 1 ciabatta roll
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Sunbasket San Francisco Bay seasoning (celery seeds - sweet paprika - black pepper - ground mustard)
Calories 670, Total Fat 25g (32% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 225mg (75% DV), Sodium 1510mg (66% DV), Total Carb. 71g (26% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 10g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 35g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Start the chowder
While the mirepoix cooks, prepare the potatoes.
Prep and cook the potatoes
- Scrub or peel the potatoes. Cut the potatoes into ¼-inch pieces.
While the vegetables cook, prepare the shellfish.
Prep the shellfish; finish the chowder
- Rinse the shrimp, then drain on a paper-towel-lined plate and pat dry; season lightly with salt and pepper.
For the scallops:
- Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt and pepper.
While the seafood cooks, prepare the parsley and the croutons.
Prep the parsley; make the ciabatta croutons
- Cut or tear the ciabatta into 1-inch pieces.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves for garnish.
- Measure the water for the chowder.
- Tear the ciabatta.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Toss the ciabatta with oil and seasonings.
- Garnish the chowder.