In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Joe’s Special scramble with turkey, spinach, and mushrooms
Dairy-Free, Carb-Conscious, Family-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Mediterranean
2 Servings, 460 Calories/Serving
This breakfast-for-dinner diner special is bound to be a crowd-pleaser, especially on a busy weeknight.
In your bag
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon vegan Worcestershire sauce
- Sunbasket garlic-porcini seasoning blend (granulated garlic - porcini powder - sweet paprika)
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 3 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- 4 organic eggs
- ¼ pound organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
Calories: 460, Protein: 37g (74% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 27g (42% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 9g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 415mg (138% DV), Sodium: 430mg (18% DV), Carbohydrates: 20g (7% DV), Total Sugars: 10g, Added Sugars: 1g (2% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and brown the turkey
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure ¾ cup [1½ cups].
- Thinly slice the mushrooms.
- Crack the eggs into a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper. Lightly beat with a fork until just blended.
Cook the scramble
Add the eggs and spinach, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring gently, until the eggs are just set but still moist, the spinach is wilted, and the turkey is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Measure the onion.
- Season the eggs.
- Time the cooking.