In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Juicy Lucy sliders with peperonata relish and warm caprese salad
2 Servings, 730 Calories/Serving
Savor the ultimate “inside-out” burger: juicy beef and pork patties stuffed with an explosive core of gooey, melted mozzarella and provolone cheese.
In your bag
- 6 ounces organic sweet mini peppers
- 1 organic jalapeño or other fresh chile (optional)
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
- Sunbasket quick-pickle brine (apple cider vinegar - honey)
- ½ cup Italian cheese blend (mozzarella - provolone)
- 10 ounces ground beef-pork mix
- 1 or 2 organic Roma or other tomatoes (about ½ pound total)
- 1½ teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Sunbasket arugula-pistachio pesto (extra virgin olive oil - arugula - pistachios - Parmesan - garlic - honey - lemon juice - kosher salt - Aleppo chile flakes)
- 4 slider buns
Calories: 730, Protein: 40g (80% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 38g (58% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 4g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 11g (55% DV), Cholesterol: 95mg (32% DV), Sodium: 700mg (29% DV), Carbohydrates: 56g (19% DV), Total Sugars: 20g, Added Sugars: 11g (22% DV).
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Tree Nuts (pistachio), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the peperonata relish
- Remove the stems and seeds from the sweet mini peppers; finely chop the peppers.
- If using the jalapeño, remove the stem, ribs, and seeds; finely chop the jalapeño. Wash your hands after handling.
In a dry small sauce pot over medium-high heat, add the mustard seeds and toast, stirring constantly, until golden and popping, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the sweet mini peppers, quick-pickle brine, ½ cup [1 cup] water, and as much jalapeño as you like and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the peppers are just tender and the liquid has thickened, 7 to 10 minutes. Remove from the heat, cover, and let stand while you prepare the rest of the meal.
Make the patties
- Set aside half the Italian cheese blend for the caprese salad. Divide the remaining half into 4  portions for the sliders.
- Cut a small corner from the ground beef-pork mix packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
In a medium bowl, add the ground beef-pork mixture, season generously with salt and pepper, and mix gently until just combined. Using wet hands, form the mixture into 4  equal portions and shape each into a ball. Using your thumb or the back of a spoon, make an indentation in the center of each ball and place 1 portion of the cheese blend into the indentation. Gently wrap the meat around the cheese, making sure it is completely covered. Form the balls into ½-inch-thick patties.
Cook the patties
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 tablespoon oil until hot but not smoking. Add the patties and cook, turning once, until browned, 3 to 5 minutes per side for medium. Transfer to a plate. Do not clean the pan. While the patties are cooking, prepare the warm caprese salad.
Make the warm caprese salad
- Cut away the cores from the tomatoes; cut the tomatoes into ½-inch-thick slices. Season on both sides with salt and pepper.
In another large frying pan over high heat, warm 2 to 3 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the tomato slices and cook, undisturbed, until starting to soften, 1 to 2 minutes. Turn the tomatoes, drizzle with the balsamic vinegar, and sprinkle with the remaining cheese blend. Cover and cook until the cheese is melted, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer the tomatoes to a plate, drizzle with the arugula-pistachio pesto, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, prepare the buns.
Toast the buns; assemble the sliders
In the same pan used for the patties, place the buns, cut sides down, and cook over medium-high heat until lightly toasted, 1 to 2 minutes. Alternatively, toast them in a toaster oven.
Place the bun bottoms, cut sides up, on a work surface and top each with a burger and as much peperonata relish as you like. Close with the bun tops.
Transfer the sliders to individual plates. Serve the warm caprese salad and any remaining relish on the side.
- Measure the water for the peperonata relish.
- Time the cooking for the relish and burgers.
- Divide the cheese blend.
- Drizzle the tomatoes with pesto.