In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Kale, ricotta, and carrot gratin with parsley-arugula salad
2 Servings, 690 Calories/Serving
Called a strata in Italian, this gratin is loaded with comfort, along with iron, beta-carotene, and a host of other nutrients in the kale, carrots, and leeks. The creamy binding of eggs, ricotta, and Swiss cheese also provides protein. You can assemble the gratin ahead of time, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate up to 1 day before baking. Just be sure to let the dish come to room temperature for half an hour before slipping it into the oven.
In your bag
- 1 ciabatta roll
- 10 ounces leeks
- 1 carrot
- 1 bunch kale
- Fresh thyme
- 1 lemon
- 2 pasture-raised organic eggs
- ½ cup fresh ricotta
- ½ cup grated Swiss cheese
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1½ ounces baby arugula
Calories: 690, Protein: 32 g, Fiber: 8 g, Total Fat: 35 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 16.5 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5 g, Saturated Fat: 12 g, Cholesterol: 215 mg, Sodium: 830 mg, Carbohydrates: 69 g, Added Sugar: 0 g.
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Wheat
Wash produce before use
Toast the ciabatta
Heat the oven to 400ºF.
- Tear the ciabatta into 1-inch pieces.
While the ciabatta toasts, prepare the vegetables.
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Trim the root ends from the leeks; cut the leeks in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons. Rinse well.
- Scrub or peel the carrot and trim off the tops; cut the carrot in half lengthwise, then on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
- Strip the kale leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
While the vegetables cook, prepare the gratin base.
Make the gratin base
- Strip the thyme leaves from the stems.
- Zest and juice the lemon; set aside the juice for the vinaigrette.
Assemble and bake the gratin
While the gratin cooks, prepare the salad.
Make the vinaigrette and the salad
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
In a medium bowl, toss the parsley and arugula with as much vinaigrette as you like.