In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Kale, white bean, and potato soup with cheese toasts
2 Servings, 720 Calories/Serving
This hearty soup makes a warming meal on chilly nights. Sautéeing the potatoes with onions and garlic first speeds the cooking time and boosts their flavor. Protein-rich white beans also thicken the broth as they break down. The cheese toasts, while great on their own, are a terrific vehicle for mopping up the broth.
In your bag
- 1 yellow onion
- Peeled fresh garlic
- ½ pound Yukon Gold potato
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 cup white beans
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ½ teaspoon Aleppo chile flakes (optional)
- 1 ciabatta roll
- ½ cup grated cheddar
Calories: 720, Protein: 28 g, Fiber: 15 g, Total Fat: 31 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 11 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5 g, Saturated Fat: 10 g, Cholesterol: 50 mg, Sodium: 900 mg, Carbohydrates: 88 g, Added Sugars: 0 g.
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables
- Peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Finely chop enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Cut the potato in half, then cut the halves into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
- Strip the kale leaves from their stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Rinse the white beans.
- Strip the parsley leaves from their stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Cook the soup
Add the kale, season lightly with salt, and cook just until the leaves start to wilt, 1 to 2 minutes.
Add the white beans ,4 cups water, and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
While the soup cooks, prepare the cheese toasts.
Make the cheese toasts
- Slice the ciabatta roll in half lengthwise.