In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Kefta-spiced ground beef bowls with cauliflower hummus
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 530 Calories/Serving
Cauliflower does it again! For these Turkish-inspired bowls, we mash roasted cauliflower with harissa tahini, creating a rich hummus to serve with your choice of protein.
In your bag
- 10 ounces ground beef
- 1 head organic cauliflower
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 organic cucumber
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- Your choice of protein
- Sunbasket kefta spice blend (onion powder - sweet paprika - granulated garlic - cumin)
- Sunbasket harissa tahini (tahini - lemon juice - extra virgin olive oil - harissa powder)
Calories 530, Total Fat 41g (53% DV), Sat. Fat 9g (45% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 65mg (22% DV), Sodium 180mg (8% DV), Total Carb. 18g (7% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 6g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 26g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and roast the cauliflower
Heat the oven to 425°F.
- Finely chop the cauliflower, discarding any leaves or thick stalks.
On a sheet pan [2 sheet pans], toss the cauliflower with 2 to 3 teaspoons oil; season with salt and pepper. Spread in an even layer and roast, stirring halfway through, until the cauliflower is tender and starting to brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the salad and your protein.
Make the tomato-cucumber salad
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Peel the cucumber, if desired; cut the cucumber into ½-inch pieces.
In a medium bowl, toss together the tomatoes, cucumber, red wine vinegar, and 1 to 2 teaspoons oil; season generously with salt and pepper. Let stand, stirring occasionally, while you prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep your protein
- Ground meat (including plant-based): Cut a small corner from the ground meat packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Tofu: Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; cut or crumble into ½-inch pieces.
Cook your protein
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add your protein, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring and breaking up the ground meat if using, until the protein is lightly browned but not yet cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the kefta spice blend and cook, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan, until your protein is browned and cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, season to taste with salt and pepper, and cover to keep warm.
Finish the cauliflower hummus
Transfer the roasted cauliflower to a large bowl. Using a fork, masher, or the bottom of a cup or bowl, mash the cauliflower until a smooth paste forms. Alternatively, transfer to a food processor and pulse until smooth. Add the harissa tahini and 1 to 2 teaspoons oil and stir until smooth and combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the cauliflower hummus to individual bowls. Top with your protein and tomato-cucumber salad and serve.
- Toss the cauliflower with oil and season.
- Assemble the tomato-cucumber salad.
- Stir the harissa tahini into the cauliflower hummus.
- Transfer the hummus to bowls.
- Top with the tomato-cucumber salad.