In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Kefta-spiced meatballs with spinach-grape salad and pumpkin seed dukkah
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Carb-Conscious, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 460 Calories/Serving
Ready for a delicious new twist on Mediterranean fare? Enter these flavor bomb meatballs. We doll them up with a leafy spinach salad tossed with our lemony dressing and studded with juicy grapes.
In your bag
- 1 organic red onion
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- Your choice of protein
- Sunbasket kefta spice blend (onion powder - sweet paprika - granulated garlic - cumin)
- 3 ounces organic red or other grapes
- Sunbasket Mediterranean lemon dressing (extra virgin olive oil - lemon juice - garlic - kosher salt - lemon zest - black pepper - dried oregano)
- Sunbasket pumpkin seed dukkah (pumpkin seeds - sesame seeds - coriander - cumin - kosher salt - black pepper)
- 5 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
Calories 460, Total Fat 32g (41% DV), Sat. Fat 8g (40% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 65mg (22% DV), Sodium 270mg (12% DV), Total Carb. 24g (9% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 11g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 24g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the meatballs
- Peel and thinly slice the onion. Measure ½ cup [1 cup] sliced onion and finely chop for the meatballs. Set aside the remaining sliced onion for the salad.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Cut a small corner from the ground meat packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
In a medium bowl, combine the ground meat, finely chopped onion, garlic, and kefta spice blend. Season generously with salt and pepper and mix until just combined. Using wet hands, form the mixture into 1-inch meatballs.
Cook the meatballs
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the meatballs and cook, turning occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Meanwhile, prepare the salad.
Make the salad
- Remove any stems from the grapes. Cut the grapes in half. Set aside for serving.
In a large bowl, stir together the lemon dressing and pumpkin seed dukkah. Add the spinach and remaining sliced onion, season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat.
Transfer the salad to individual plates, top with the grapes and meatballs, and serve.
- Measure the onion.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Remove any stems from the grapes.
- Assemble the salad
- Transfer the salad to plates; top with the grapes.