In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Khoresh bademjan eggplant stew with dill and flatbreads
Mediterranean, Vegan, Soy-Free, Family-Friendly, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 720 Calories/Serving
This colorful veggie stew is served with flatbreads, and we wholeheartedly encourage you to use them to scoop up the chunky stew. Go ahead, eat with your hands!
In your bag
- 2 organic Asian eggplants
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 organic orange
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh dill
- ½ cup red lentils
- Sunbasket bademjan spice blend (granulated garlic - turmeric - coriander - cumin - cinnamon)
- 1 cup diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 4 round whole grain lavash
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
Calories: 720, Protein: 26g (52% DV), Fiber: 23g (92% DV), Total Fat: 17g (26% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 12g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 2g (10% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 260mg (11% DV), Carbohydrates: 119g (40% DV), Total Sugars: 26g, Added Sugars: 5g (10% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and brown the eggplant
- Cut the eggplant lengthwise into quarters, then crosswise into 2-inch lengths.
While the eggplant cooks, prepare the remaining stew ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; start the stew
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure 1 cup [1½ cups]
- Zest and juice the orange, keeping the zest and juice separate. [Zest and juice 1 orange; save the remaining orange.]
- Coarsely chop the dill.
Add the tomatoes and 2 cups [4 cups] water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the lentils are starting to soften, 6 to 8 minutes.
While the stew simmers, prepare the lavash.
Toast the lavash
Finish the stew
- Measure the onion.
- Juice the orange.
- Measure the water for the stew.
- Tear the lavash.
- Garnish with the dill.