In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Kimchi and edamame pancakes with green mango–bok choy salad
Family-Friendly, Vegan, Lean & Clean, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 580 Calories/Serving
Crisp and light, these Korean-style savory pancakes filled with kimchi and edamame are great for a quick supper or an easy appetizer at your next party.
In your bag
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 3 organic scallions
- 2 ounces vegan kimchi
- Sunbasket Asian savory pancake blend (rice flour - all-purpose flour - cornstarch - brown sugar - onion powder - granulated garlic)
- 1 or 2 heads organic baby bok choy (about ½ pound total)
- 1 organic unripe mango
- 1 organic lemon
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- Sunbasket Asian dipping sauce base (gluten-free tamari - rice vinegar - toasted sesame oil)
Calories: 580, Protein: 20g (40% DV), Fiber: 12g (48% DV), Total Fat: 25g (38% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 12g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 2g (10% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 570mg (24% DV), Carbohydrates: 74g (25% DV), Total Sugars: 21g, Added Sugars: 2g (4% DV).
Contains: Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the flax “egg”
- Rinse the edamame under warm water to thaw.
Prep and cook the scallions
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; cut the scallions crosswise into 2-inch pieces. Coarsely chop enough green parts to measure 1 tablespoon [2 TBL]; set aside for the dipping sauce.
While the scallions cook, prepare the pancake batter.
Make the pancake batter; cook the pancakes
- Coarsely chop the kimchi.
In the same pan used for the scallions, warm the reserved oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Working in batches if needed, pour in the batter to form 4- to 5-inch-wide pancakes. Cook, turning once, until crisp and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Add more oil between batches if needed.
While the pancakes cook, prepare the salad and the dipping sauce.
Make the green mango–bok choy salad
- Trim the root ends from the bok choy; thinly slice the bok choy crosswise.
- Trim the ends from the mango; cut away the peel. Using the large holes of a box grater, coarsely grate the flesh, working around the pit.
- Juice the lemon. [Juice 1 lemon; save the remaining lemon for another use.]
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
Finish the dipping sauce
- Rinse the edamame.
- Stir the flaxseed meal and water.
- Juice the lemon.
- Assemble the salad.
- Stir the dipping sauce.