In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Korean BBQ chicken lettuce cups with kimchi
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 430 Calories/Serving
In this fast handheld meal, our Korean BBQ glaze delivers a finger-licking coating for the chicken, served with crisp vegetable toppings and mildly spicy kimchi.
In your bag
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- Sunbasket Korean BBQ glaze (coconut nectar - coconut aminos - garlic - dried plums - Frank's RedHot cayenne pepper sauce - ginger - coconut vinegar - kosher salt - toasted sesame oil - black pepper - sweet smoked paprika)
- 1 organic red onion
- 1 organic zucchini or yellow squash
- 1 organic romaine heart or other lettuce
- 2 or 3 organic radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- 3 ounces kimchi
- 2 ounces organic shredded carrots
- 1½ teaspoons black sesame seeds
Calories 430, Total Fat 16g (21% DV), Sat. Fat 2g (10% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 95mg (32% DV), Sodium 1080mg (47% DV), Total Carb. 48g (17% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 29g (Incl. 13g Added Sugars, 26% DV), Protein 26g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Marinate the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt and pepper.
Prep and cook the onion and zucchini
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure ¾ cup [1½ cups].
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
Working in batches if needed, arrange the zucchini in a single layer in the empty side of the pan, season with salt and pepper, and cook, turning the zucchini once, until lightly browned and starting to soften, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer the onion and zucchini to a plate; season to taste with salt and pepper. Add more oil between batches if needed. Do not clean the pan.
Cook the chicken
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Trim the root end from the romaine; separate the leaves.
- Cut the radishes in half, then cut the halves into thin half-moons.
- Coarsely chop the kimchi.
- Measure the onion.
- Time the chicken.
- Separate the romaine leaves.
- Help set out the fillings for the lettuce cups.