In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Korean BBQ lettuce cups with pollock and apple-cucumber slaw
Diabetes-Friendly, Lean & Clean, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Mediterranean, Paleo, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 370 Calories/Serving
Fresh, bold, funky, sweet. Just the words we’re nodding our heads to as we devour this seafood dish layered with Korean BBQ–inspired flavor.
In your bag
- 1 head organic Artisan romaine or other lettuce
- 1 organic Granny Smith or other apple
- 1 organic cucumber
- 1 tablespoon coconut vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Marash chile flakes (optional)
- Fish options:
- 10 ounces wild skinless pollock pieces
- 2 sustainably raised skin-on barramundi fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- Sunbasket coconut-flour blend (coconut flour - arrowroot powder - granulated garlic)
- Sunbasket Korean BBQ sauce blend (coconut nectar - coconut aminos - garlic - dried plums - Frank’s RedHot cayenne pepper sauce - ginger - coconut vinegar - kosher salt - toasted sesame oil - black pepper - sweet smoked paprika)
Calories: 370, Protein: 24g (48% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 9g (14% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 1.5g (8% DV), Cholesterol: 70mg (23% DV), Sodium: 670mg (28% DV), Carbohydrates: 51g (17% DV), Total Sugars: 27g, Added Sugars: 9g (18% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (coconut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the lettuce and apple-cucumber slaw
- Trim the root end from the lettuce; separate the leaves. Set aside for serving.
- Peel the apple, if desired; core and cut into matchsticks.
- Peel the cucumber, if desired; cut into matchsticks.
In a medium bowl, toss together the apple, cucumber, coconut vinegar, and as much Marash chile as you like. Season generously to taste with salt and pepper. Let stand, stirring occasionally, while you prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep the fish
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel (if using barramundi, discard the skin). Cut the barramundi or halibut into 1-inch pieces. Season the fish lightly with salt and pepper.
- On a plate or shallow bowl, season the coconut-flour blend with salt and pepper and spread in an even layer.
Working with a few pieces of fish at a time, dredge in the coconut-flour blend, turning to coat all sides; shake off any excess.
Cook the fish
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Working in batches if needed, add the fish in a single layer and cook, undisturbed, until lightly browned on one side, 1 to 2 minutes. Turn the fish and cook until opaque and golden brown, about 1 minute. Transfer to a plate and season lightly with salt. Wipe out the pan and add more oil between batches if needed.
Transfer the lettuce leaves to individual plates. Top with the fish and apple-cucumber slaw and drizzle with the Korean BBQ sauce blend. Serve any remaining slaw on the side.
- Separate the lettuce leaves.
- Season the coconut flour blend.
- Time the fish.
- Help assemble the lettuce cups.