In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Korean BBQ meatballs with baby bok choy and avocado-orange salad
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 600 Calories/Serving
Drumroll, please. Get ready for an irresistible dish featuring our fan favorite Korean BBQ sauce. Made from coconut nectar, dried plums, and toasted sesame oil, this sauce is sweet-sticky perfection.
In your bag
- 10 ounces ground pork
- 6 organic scallions
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- Your choice of protein
- 1 teaspoon Marash chile flakes (optional)
- Sunbasket Korean BBQ sauce base (coconut nectar - coconut aminos - garlic - dried plums - Frank's RedHot cayenne pepper sauce - ginger - coconut vinegar - kosher salt - toasted sesame oil - black pepper - sweet smoked paprika)
- 2 heads organic baby bok choy
- 1 organic avocado
- 1 organic Cara Cara or other orange
- Sunbasket goji–Aleppo chile dressing (orange juice - extra virgin olive oil - lime juice - pumpkin seeds - goji berries - dried dates - Aleppo chile flakes)
Calories 600, Total Fat 41g (53% DV), Sat. Fat 10g (50% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 55mg (18% DV), Sodium 640mg (28% DV), Total Carb. 40g (15% DV), Fiber 9g (32% DV), Total Sugars 17g (Incl. 9g Added Sugars, 18% DV), Protein 21g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Prep the meatballs
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal, keeping the light and dark green parts separate. Set aside the dark green parts for garnish.
- Finely chop, press, or grate the garlic.
- Ground meat (including plant based): Cut a small corner from the ground meat packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
In a medium bowl, combine the meat, light parts of the scallions, garlic, and as much Marash chile as you like. Season generously with salt and pepper and mix until just combined. Using wet hands, form the mixture into 1-inch meatballs.
Cook the meatballs
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the meatballs and cook, turning occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium, add the Korean BBQ sauce base, and cook, stirring, until heated through and the meatballs are coated, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. While the meatballs are cooking, prepare the bok choy.
Prep and cook the bok choy
- Trim the root ends from the bok choy; cut the bok choy in half lengthwise, keeping the cores intact.
In another large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 2 to 3 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the bok choy, cut sides down, and cook, turning once, until lightly browned and just tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, prepare the salad.
Make the avocado-orange salad
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit, scoop out the flesh, and cut the flesh into ½-inch pieces.
- Using your hands or a sharp knife, peel the orange; coarsely chop the fruit. Discard any seeds.
In a medium bowl, gently toss together the avocado, orange, and half the goji–Aleppo chile dressing (set aside the remaining dressing for serving). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the meatballs and BBQ sauce and bok choy to individual plates. Top the bok choy with the avocado-orange salad. Garnish with the dark green parts of the scallions and as much remaining Marash chile and dressing as you like and serve.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Scoop out the avocado.
- Peel the orange by hand.
- Assemble the salad.
- Garnish with the scallions.