In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Korean BBQ tofu burgers with pickled turnips and cucumber salad
Dairy-Free, Vegan, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 500 Calories/Serving
Topped with a sweet and spicy sauce and quick-pickled turnip, this vegan Korean BBQ burger is anything but your average bland tofu burger.
In your bag
- 1 organic turnip
- Sunbasket quick-pickle brine (apple cider vinegar - maple syrup)
- 1 organic cucumber
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 Hodo organic tofu burgers
- 2 vegan whole wheat buns
- Sunbasket Korean BBQ glaze (coconut nectar - coconut aminos - garlic - dried plums - Frank's RedHot cayenne pepper sauce - ginger - coconut vinegar - kosher salt - toasted sesame oil - black pepper - sweet smoked paprika)
Calories 500, Total Fat 17g (22% DV), Sat. Fat 1g (5% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 960mg (42% DV), Total Carb. 72g (26% DV), Fiber 16g (57% DV), Total Sugars 21g (Incl. 13g Added Sugars, 26% DV), Protein 27g
Contains: Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Pickle the turnip
- Peel the turnip and trim the ends; using the peeler and working around the round outer edge, shave half [all] the turnip into thin ribbons. Alternatively, cut the turnip in half lengthwise, then thinly slice half the turnip crosswise into half-moons. Save the remaining turnip half for another use. [Shave or slice 1 turnip; save the remaining turnip.]
Make the cucumber salad
- Peel the cucumber, if desired; cut the cucumber into ½-inch pieces.
Cook the burgers; toast the buns
Place the buns, cut sides down, in the pan and cook over medium-high heat until lightly toasted, 1 to 2 minutes. Alternatively, toast them in a toaster oven.
Assemble the burgers
- Measure the water for the pickled turnip.
- Stir the turnip and the brine.
- Stir the cucumber salad.
- Top the burgers with the pickled turnip.