In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Korean BBQ tostadas with pollock, charred scallions, and carrot slaw
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Pescatarian, Spicy, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 410 Calories/Serving
East meets West in these delicious fusion tostadas. For sweet, spicy, off-the-charts flavor, we coat tender bites of pollock in our homemade Korean BBQ sauce and top with charred scallions for an extra-smoky touch.
In your bag
- 1 organic carrot
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- 3 organic scallions
- Seafood options:
- 10 ounces wild pollock pieces
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- Sunbasket Korean BBQ sauce base (coconut nectar - coconut aminos - garlic - dried plums - Frank’s RedHot cayenne pepper sauce - ginger - coconut vinegar - kosher salt - toasted sesame oil - black pepper - sweet smoked paprika )
- Sunbasket garlicky sesame seed blend (black sesame seeds - toasted garlic - white sesame seeds - Aleppo chile flakes)
Nutrition per serving
Calories 410, Total Fat 16g (21% DV), Sat. Fat 2g (10% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 70mg (23% DV), Sodium 680mg (30% DV), Total Carb. 45g (16% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 15g (Incl. 11g Added Sugars, 22% DV), Protein 23g
Contains: Tree Nuts (coconut), Sesame
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the carrot slaw
Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Peel or scrub the carrot and trim the ends. Using the large holes of a box grater, coarsely grate the carrot.
In a medium bowl, stir together the carrot and rice vinegar. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Let stand, stirring occasionally, while you prepare the rest of the meal.
Crisp the tortillas
- Remove 6  tortillas from the package; save the rest for another use.
On a sheet pan [2 sheet pans], brush the tortillas all over with 1 to 2 tablespoons oil and season with salt; arrange side by side. Toast in the oven, turning halfway through, until the tortillas are crisp, 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer the tortillas to a paper-towel-lined plate. While the tortillas are crisping, prepare the scallions and the seafood.
Prep and char the scallions
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; cut the scallions into 1-inch pieces.
In a large frying pan over high heat, warm 2 to 3 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the scallions, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Do not clean the pan.
Prep and cook the seafood
- Pat the seafood dry with a paper towel. (If using scallops, cut into 1-inch pieces.) Season the seafood lightly with salt and pepper.
In the same pan used for the scallions, if dry, add 1 to 2 teaspoons oil. Warm over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the seafood and cook, turning once, until lightly browned but not yet cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Reduce the heat to medium-low, add the Korean BBQ sauce base, and toss to coat the seafood. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the seafood is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the tortillas to individual plates and spoon on the carrot slaw. Top with the seafood and scallions, sprinkle with the garlicky sesame seed blend, and serve.
- Stir the carrot slaw.
- Count the tortillas.
- Brush the tortillas with oil and season.
- Spoon the carrot slaw on the tortillas.
- Sprinkle the garlicky sesame seed blend.