In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Korean beef bulgogi salad with daikon and cucumber
Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Carb-Conscious
2 Servings, 520 Calories/Serving
In this Korean barbecue–inspired salad, we toss together crisp daikon, cool cucumber, and tender ground beef cooked in our sweet and savory bulgogi sauce.
In your bag
- 10 ounces ground beef
- 3 organic scallions
- 1 organic kiwi
- Sun Basket bulgogi sauce blend (coconut aminos - fish sauce - toasted sesame oil - garlic - coconut sugar)
- 1 organic romaine heart or other lettuce
- 1 organic purple daikon or other small radish
- 1 organic cucumber
- 2 ounces organic shredded red or other cabbage
- Sun Basket sambal mayo (paleo mayo - sambal oelek)
- 1 teaspoon kimchi chile flakes (optional)
Calories: 520, Protein: 25g (50% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 36g (55% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 7g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 8g (40% DV), Cholesterol: 80mg (27% DV), Sodium: 1100mg (46% DV), Carbohydrates: 28g (9% DV), Total Sugars: 15g, Added Sugars: 3g (6% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Fish (anchovy), Tree Nuts (coconut), Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the bulgogi
- Cut a small corner from the ground beef packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the green parts for garnish.
- Peel the kiwi. Using a fine-toothed grater or the small holes of a box grater and working over a small bowl, finely grate the kiwi. Stir in the bulgogi sauce blend.
Make the salad
- Trim the root end from the romaine; thinly slice the leaves.
- Scrub or peel the daikon; cut in half lengthwise, then crosswise into thin half-moons.
- Peel the cucumber, if desired; cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, then crosswise into thin half-moons.
- Separate the white and green parts of the scallions.
- Stir the kiwi and bulgogi sauce blend.
- Assemble the salad.
- Garnish with the scallions.