In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Korean beef bulgogi with cremini mushrooms, carrots, and pear kimchi
Dairy-Free, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 630 Calories/Serving
Bulgogi, or marinated beef, is easy to make, fun to say, and yum to eat. Our signature marinade lets you create restaurant-quality flavor in a fraction of the time.
In your bag
- ¾ cup short-grain rice
- 1 Asian pear
- 10 ounces top sirloin steak strips
- Sunbasket bulgogi marinade base (gluten-free tamari - sesame oil - fresh garlic - coconut sugar)
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 or 2 carrots (about 6 ounces total)
- 3 ounces cremini mushrooms
- 3 scallions
- 2 ounces kimchi
- 2 tablespoons gochujang (optional) (contains wheat and soy)
Nutrition per serving
Calories 630, Total Fat 20g (26% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 100mg (33% DV), Sodium 1470mg (64% DV), Total Carb. 74g (27% DV), Fiber 12g (43% DV), Total Sugars 27g (Incl. 3g Added Sugars, 6% DV), Protein 42g
Contains: Tree Nuts, Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
While the rice cooks, prepare the rest of the meal.
Marinate the bulgogi
- Peel the Asian pear. Cut the fruit into quarters lengthwise and cut away the core. Working over a medium bowl, using a fine-toothed grater or the small holes of a box grater, finely grate 2 pear quarters. Set aside the remaining 2 pear quarters for the kimchi.
- Cut a small corner from the steak packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper.
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Peel and cut the yellow onion into 1-inch pieces.
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim off the ends; cut the carrots on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Trim the stem ends from the mushrooms; thinly slice the mushrooms.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the green parts for garnish.
Cook the bulgogi
While the bulgogi cooks, prepare the pear kimchi.
Make the pear kimchi
- Coarsely chop the remaining pear quarters.
- Coarsely chop the kimchi.