In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Korean beef skewers with apple-cabbage slaw
Soy-Free, Paleo-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
4 Servings, 680 Calories/Serving
Korean-inspired aromatics infuse tender ground beef in these paleo skewers. You and the kids will want to grab a fork for the side of apple-cabbage slaw.
In your bag
- 1 cup jasmine rice*
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger
- 6 scallions
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek (optional)
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 2 limes
- 1 wedge red cabbage (about ½ pound)
- 2 apples (such as Fuji)
- Slaw dressing base (almond butter - coconut aminos - toasted sesame oil - apple cider vinegar)
- Wooden skewers
- *Not paleo; omit for a paleo-strict version.
Calories: 680, Protein: 31g (62% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 29g (45% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 14g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 75mg (25% DV), Sodium: 300mg (13% DV), Carbohydrates: 75g (25% DV), Total Sugars: 18g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
While the rice cooks, prepare the beef mixture.
Prep the beef mixture
- Cut a small corner from the beef packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Grate or peel and finely chop enough ginger to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions. Finely chop the white parts; thinly slice the green parts on the diagonal and set aside for the apple-cabbage slaw.
Toast the sesame seeds
Make the apple-cabbage slaw
- Juice 1 lime.
- Cut the remaining lime into wedges for garnish.
- Cut away any core from the cabbage; thinly slice the cabbage.
- Peel the apples if desired. Cut the apples into quarters lengthwise and cut away the core. Thinly slice the fruit.
In a medium bowl, combine the cabbage, apples, and green parts of the scallions. Add the sesame seeds, half the dressing, and toss to combine (set aside the remaining dressing for serving). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Cook the beef skewers
- Using wet hands, shape the beef mixture into 12 oval patties each about ½ inch thick. Thread each onto a wooden skewer.
- Rinse the rice.
- Juice the lime.
- Stir together the slaw dressing.
- Toss the slaw.
- Serve the meal.