In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Korean beef skewers with pear slaw and sesame seeds
Carb-Conscious, Paleo, Dairy-Free, Family-Friendly, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 650 Calories/Serving
In this gluten-free dinner, ground beef gets mixed with Korean-inspired seasonings and served with a 5-minute pear and cabbage slaw.
In your bag
- 10 ounces ground beef
- 1-inch piece organic fresh ginger
- 3 organic scallions
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (optional)
- Wooden skewers
- 2 organic Bosc or other pears
- ¼ pound organic shredded red or other cabbage
- 1½ teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- Sun Basket slaw dressing (almond butter - coconut aminos - toasted sesame oil - apple cider vinegar)
Calories: 650, Protein: 30g (60% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 43g (66% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 12g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 10g (50% DV), Cholesterol: 95mg (32% DV), Sodium: 220mg (9% DV), Carbohydrates: 35g (12% DV), Total Sugars: 20g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the beef skewers
- Cut a small corner from the ground beef packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Grate or peel and finely chop the ginger.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; finely chop the white parts and thinly slice the green parts on the diagonal, keeping them separate. Set aside the green parts for the slaw.
Cook the beef skewers
- Using wet hands, form the beef mixture into 6  ovals, each about ½ inch thick. Thread each onto a wooden skewer.
While the beef skewers cook, prepare the slaw.
Make the pear slaw
- Core and cut the pears into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Separate the white and green parts of the scallions.
- Time the beef skewers.
- Assemble the pear slaw.