In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Korean beef skewers with ginger, pear slaw, and sesame seeds
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 490 Calories/Serving
What’s juicy, savory, and flavorful through and through? These skewers, inspired by Korean barbecue. For big taste in little time, mix ginger and scallions with your choice of protein, plus sambal oelek to bring on the heat.
In your bag
- 1-inch piece organic fresh ginger
- 3 organic scallions
- Your choice of protein
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (optional)
- 2 organic Bosc or other pears
- ¼ pound organic shredded red or other cabbage
- 1½ teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- Sunbasket slaw dressing (almond butter - coconut aminos - toasted sesame oil - apple cider vinegar)
- Wooden skewers
Calories 490, Total Fat 29g (37% DV), Sat. Fat 7g (35% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 65mg (22% DV), Sodium 180mg (8% DV), Total Carb. 35g (13% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 21g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 22g
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the skewers
- Grate or peel and finely chop the ginger.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; finely chop the white parts and thinly slice the green parts on the diagonal, keeping them separate. Set aside the green parts for the slaw.
- Cut a small corner from the ground meat packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
In a medium bowl, combine the ground meat, ginger, white parts of the scallions, and as much sambal oelek as you like. Season generously with salt and pepper and mix gently until just combined. Refrigerate the ground meat mixture while you prepare the slaw.
Make the pear slaw
- Core and cut the pears into ¼-inch-thick slices.
In a medium bowl, combine the pears, cabbage, sesame seeds, green parts of the scallions, and half the slaw dressing and toss to coat (set aside the remaining dressing for serving). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Shape the patties; cook the skewers
- Using wet hands, form the ground meat mixture into 6  ovals, each about ½ inch thick. Thread each onto a wooden skewer.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the skewers and cook, turning once, until browned and cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Remove from the heat.
Transfer the skewers and pear slaw to individual plates and serve the remaining dressing as a dipping sauce on the side.
- Separate the white and green parts of the scallions.
- Assemble the pear slaw.
- Time the skewers.