In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Korean beef skewers with apple-cabbage slaw
Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Mediterranean, Dairy-Free, Family-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, Lean & Clean, Paleo
2 Servings, 480 Calories/Serving
For a fun hands-on dinner, season your choice of ground meat with Korean aromatics, then serve the skewers with a naturally sweet slaw.
In your bag
- 1-inch piece organic fresh ginger
- 3 organic scallions
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (optional)
- 2 organic Gala or other apples
- ¼ pound organic shredded red or other cabbage
- 1½ teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- Sun Basket Asian slaw dressing (almond butter - coconut aminos - toasted sesame oil - apple cider vinegar)
- Wooden skewers
Calories: 480, Protein: 22g (44% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 29g (45% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 8g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.5g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 65mg (22% DV), Sodium: 180mg (8% DV), Carbohydrates: 35g (12% DV), Total Sugars: 23g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the meat mixture
- Cut a small corner from the ground meat packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Grate or peel and finely chop enough ginger to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; finely chop the white parts and thinly slice the green parts on the diagonal, keeping them separate. Set aside the green parts for the slaw.
Make the apple-cabbage slaw
- Core and thinly slice the apples.
Shape the patties; cook the skewers
- Using wet hands, form the meat mixture into 6  ovals; thread each onto a wooden skewer.
- Measure the ginger.
- Separate the white and green parts of the scallions.
- Assemble the slaw.
- Count the wooden skewers.
- Time the skewers.