In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Quick Korean beef skewers with sesame-cabbage slaw
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly
2 Servings, 470 Calories/Serving
In this paleo and gluten-free dinner, ground beef gets a hit of Korean-inspired seasonings and comes with a quick, naturally sweet slaw.
In your bag
- 10 ounces ground beef
- 1-inch piece organic fresh ginger
- 3 organic scallions
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (optional)
- 2 organic peaches or other stone fruit
- ¼ pound organic shredded red or other cabbage
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Asian slaw dressing (almond butter - coconut aminos - sesame oil - apple cider vinegar)
- Wooden skewers
Calories 470, Total Fat 26g (33% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 95mg (32% DV), Sodium 140mg (6% DV), Total Carb. 29g (11% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 17g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 35g
Contains: Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the beef mixture
- Cut a small corner from the ground beef packages and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Grate or peel and finely chop enough ginger to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; finely chop the white parts and thinly slice the green parts on the diagonal, keeping them separate. Set aside the green parts for the slaw.
Make the sesame-cabbage slaw
- Cut the peaches in half and remove the pits; thinly slice the peaches.
Shape the patties; cook the skewers
- Using wet hands, form the beef mixture into 6  ovals; thread each onto a wooden skewer.
- Measure the ginger.
- Toss the slaw.
- Count the skewers.
- Time the beef skewers.