In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Quick Korean beef skewers with sesame-cabbage slaw
Lean & Clean, Paleo, Diabetes-Friendly, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 470 Calories/Serving
In this paleo and gluten-free dinner, ground beef gets a hit of Korean-inspired seasonings and comes with a quick, naturally sweet slaw.
In your bag
- 10 ounces ground beef
- 1-inch piece organic fresh ginger
- 3 organic scallions
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (optional)
- 2 organic peaches or other stone fruit
- ¼ pound organic shredded red or other cabbage
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Asian slaw dressing (almond butter - coconut aminos - sesame oil - apple cider vinegar)
- Wooden skewers
For the tenderest results, handle the ground beef as little as possible: mix the meat and aromatics only until just combined before shaping the patties and threading them onto the skewers. Overworking ground beef can make it dense, even rubbery.
Make It Leaner
Stretch this dish into 3  servings to slash 170 calories and 11 grams of fat per serving.
Make It Ahead
The beef patties (Steps 1 and 3) can be prepared and shaped (but not skewered or cooked) up to 1 day ahead; cover and refrigerate overnight. The next day, make the slaw (Step 2) and skewer and cook the patties (Step 3).
Calories: 470, Protein: 35g (70% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 26g (40% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 10g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 95mg (32% DV), Sodium: 140mg (6% DV), Carbohydrates: 29g (10% DV), Total Sugars: 17g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the beef mixture
- Cut a small corner from the ground beef packages and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Grate or peel and finely chop enough ginger to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; finely chop the white parts and thinly slice the green parts on the diagonal, keeping them separate. Set aside the green parts for the slaw.
Make the sesame-cabbage slaw
- Cut the peaches in half and remove the pits; thinly slice the peaches.
Shape the patties; cook the skewers
- Using wet hands, form the beef mixture into 6  ovals; thread each onto a wooden skewer.
- Measure the ginger.
- Toss the slaw.
- Count the skewers.
- Time the beef skewers.