In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Korean beef skewers with sesame-cabbage slaw
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 450 Calories/Serving
A five-ingredient skewer? We’ll do you one better. These bold Korean-inspired skewers are made with four: aromatic ginger, fresh scallions, spicy sambal oelek, and your choice of protein—that’s it.
In your bag
- 1-inch piece organic fresh ginger
- 3 organic scallions
- Your choice of protein
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (optional)
- 2 organic nectarines or other stone fruit
- ¼ pound organic shredded red or other cabbage
- 1½ teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- Sunbasket Asian slaw dressing (almond butter - coconut aminos - sesame oil - apple cider vinegar)
- Wooden skewers
Calories 450, Total Fat 29g (37% DV), Sat. Fat 7g (35% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 65mg (22% DV), Sodium 170mg (7% DV), Total Carb. 25g (9% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 16g (Incl. 1g Added Sugars, 2% DV), Protein 23g
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond, coconut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the meat mixture
- Grate or peel and finely chop enough ginger to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; finely chop the white parts and thinly slice the green parts on the diagonal, keeping them separate. Set aside the green parts for the slaw.
- Cut a small corner from the ground meat packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
In a large bowl, combine the ground meat, ginger, white parts of the scallions, and as much sambal oelek as you like. Season generously with salt and pepper and mix until just combined. Refrigerate the meat mixture while you prepare the slaw.
Make the sesame-cabbage slaw
- Cut the nectarines in half and remove the pits; thinly slice the nectarines.
In another large bowl, toss together the nectarines, cabbage, sesame seeds, green parts of the scallions, and half the slaw dressing (set aside the remaining dressing for serving). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Shape the patties; cook the skewers
- Using wet hands, form the meat mixture into 6  ovals; thread each onto a wooden skewer.
In a large frying pan over medium heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Working in batches if needed, add the skewers and cook, turning once, until browned and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Add more oil between batches if needed.
Transfer the skewers and sesame-cabbage slaw to individual plates. Serve the remaining dressing as a dipping sauce on the side.
- Measure the ginger.
- Assemble the slaw.
- Count the skewers.
- Time the cooking.
- Transfer the slaw to plates.