In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Korean glass noodle japchae with cabbage and carrots
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 460 Calories/Serving
Our version of this popular Korean noodle dish combines chewy glass noodles, crisp-tender vegetables, and your favorite protein.
In your bag
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 5 ounces glass (sweet potato) noodles
- 1 teaspoon kimchi chile flakes (optional)
- 1 wedge organic Savoy or other cabbage (about 7 ounces)
- 3 organic scallions
- Sunbasket japchae blend (fish sauce - toasted sesame oil - garlic - ginger)
- 3 ounces organic shredded carrots
Calories 460, Total Fat 11g (14% DV), Sat. Fat 1.5g (8% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 155mg (52% DV), Sodium 910mg (40% DV), Total Carb. 73g (27% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 5g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 20g
Contains: Fish (anchovy), Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the glass noodles
Prep and cook your protein
- Shrimp or scallops: Rinse and drain the shrimp or scallops. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt and pepper and as much kimchi chile as you like.
- Chicken, steak, or pork strips: Cut a small corner from the packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer the meat to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper and as much kimchi chile as you like.
- Tofu: Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; cut into ½-inch cubes. Season with salt and pepper and as much kimchi chile as you like.
Prep the vegetables; finish the japchae
- Cut away any core from the cabbage; thinly slice the cabbage.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions for garnish.
Stir in your protein and any accumulated juices and cook until your protein is heated through, about 30 seconds. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Fill a sauce pot with water for the noodles.
- Time the noodles.
- Garnish with the scallions.