In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Korean jjigae soup with tofu, kimchi, and steamed rice
Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Vegan
2 Servings, 740 Calories/Serving
Fresh and fermented ingredients in this vegan Korean-style kimchi soup create a tangy, mildly spicy broth for a comforting dish that’s easily made ahead.
In your bag
- ¾ cup short-grain white rice
- 1 yellow onion
- ½ ounce dried shiitake mushrooms
- ¾ pound Hodo Soy firm tofu
- 3 ounces vegan kimchi
- 1 teaspoon kimchi chile flakes (optional)
- Sunbasket stir-fry blend (gluten-free tamari - sesame oil - fresh garlic - fresh ginger)
- 1 wedge green cabbage (such as Savoy; about 10 ounces)
- 3 scallions
Calories: 740, Protein: 45g (90% DV), Fiber: 13g (52% DV), Total Fat: 23g (35% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 11g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 1120mg (47% DV), Carbohydrates: 87g (29% DV), Total Sugars: 6g, Added Sugars: (Trace amounts of cane sugar in Kimchi for fermentation): 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
While the rice cooks, start the soup.
Cook the soup
- Peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Remove the stems from the shiitake mushrooms.
- Cut the tofu into 1-inch cubes.
Add the tofu, stir-fry blend, and 2 cups [4 cups] water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook, without stirring, until the mushrooms soften, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
While the soup simmers, prepare the cabbage.
Prep and cook the cabbage
- Cut away any core from the cabbage; cut the cabbage crosswise into 1-inch-wide strips.
While the cabbage cooks, prepare the scallions.
Prep the garnish
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal.
- Rinse the rice.
- Measure the water and oil.
- Garnish the soup.