In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Korean rice bowls with sticky-sweet BBQ chicken skewers
Dairy-Free, Spicy, Family-Friendly
2 Servings, 700 Calories/Serving
With glazed chicken skewers, quick pickles, avocado, and kimchi, these Korean-style rice bowls are exactly what you want to eat as the weather warms.
In your bag
- ½ cup short-grain white rice
- 1 organic cucumber
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons gochujang (optional)
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Sun Basket tamari-sesame base (gluten-free tamari - toasted sesame oil - garlic - ginger)
- 1 organic avocado
- 3 ounces kimchi
- Wooden skewers
Calories: 700, Protein: 34g (68% DV), Fiber: 10g (40% DV), Total Fat: 33g (51% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 19g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 130mg (43% DV), Sodium: 890mg (37% DV), Carbohydrates: 69g (23% DV), Total Sugars: 12g, Added Sugars: 6g (12% DV).
Contains: Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
While the rice cooks, prepare the rest of the meal.
Make the quick-pickled cucumber
- Peel the cucumber, if desired; thinly slice the cucumber crosswise.
Prep the chicken
- If using, measure half the gochujang; save the rest for another use.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; cut the chicken into 1-inch pieces. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
Prep the remaining garnishes; cook the chicken
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit, scoop out the flesh, and cut the flesh into ½-inch pieces.
- Coarsely chop the kimchi.
- Using 6  skewers, thread the chicken onto the skewers.
- Rinse the rice.
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Stir the pickled cucumber.
- Scoop out the avocado.