In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Korean steak japchae with glass noodles and stir-fried vegetables
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, No Added Sugar, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 620 Calories/Serving
This noodle stir-fry is one of Korea’s most popular. Seared steak and gluten-free noodles come together in an umami-rich sauce of garlic, ginger, and sesame.
In your bag
- ½ ounce dried shiitake mushrooms
- 5 ounces glass (sweet potato) noodles
- 3 organic scallions
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- 10 ounces top sirloin steak strips
- 3 ounces organic shredded carrots
- 6 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
- Sunbasket stir-fry blend (gluten-free tamari - toasted sesame oil - garlic - ginger)
- 2 tablespoons sambal oelek (optional)
Nutrition per serving
Calories 620, Total Fat 20g (26% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 70mg (23% DV), Sodium 900mg (39% DV), Total Carb. 82g (30% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 7g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 31g
Contains: Soybeans, Sesame
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Soften the mushrooms
While the mushrooms soften, prepare the glass noodles.
Cook the glass noodles
While the water heats and the noodles cook, prepare the stir-fry.
Prep the stir-fry ingredients
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; cut the scallions crosswise into 2-inch lengths.
- Drain the mushrooms; discard the stems and thinly slice the caps.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; thinly slice the pepper.
- Cut a small corner from the steak packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
Sear the steak; cook the stir-fry
Stir the scallions and mushrooms into the pan, season with salt and pepper, and cook over medium-high heat until the scallions start to soften, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the bell pepper and carrots and cook, stirring often, until crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Return the steak and any accumulated juices to the pan and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes for medium. Working in batches if needed, stir in the spinach and cook until just wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Finish the steak japchae
- Cover the mushrooms with water.
- Time the mushrooms and noodles.
- Toss the noodles and stir-fry blend.