In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Korean steak japchae with glass noodles and stir-fried vegetables
Paleo, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 620 Calories/Serving
Gluten-free Korean sweet potato glass noodles get tossed in garlic, ginger, and sesame sauce in a quick-to-make steak stir-fry.
In your bag
- 2 ounces dried shiitake mushrooms
- 10 ounces glass (sweet potato) noodles
- 6 scallions
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 or 2 heads baby bok choy (about ½ pound)
- 1 pound top sirloin steak strips
- ½ pound shredded carrots
- ½ pound baby spinach
- Sunbasket paleo stir-fry blend (coconut aminos - sesame oil - fresh garlic - fresh ginger)
- 2 tablespoons sambal oelek (optional)
Calories: 620, Protein: 32g (64% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 15g (23% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 7g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 80mg (27% DV), Sodium: 670mg (28% DV), Carbohydrates: 93g (31% DV), Total Sugars: 11g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Soak the mushrooms
While the mushrooms soak, prepare the glass noodles.
Cook the glass noodles
While the water heats and the noodles cook, start the stir-fry.
Prep the stir-fry ingredients
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; cut the scallions on the diagonal into 2-inch lengths.
- Remove the stems, ribs, and seeds from the bell peppers; thinly slice the peppers.
- Trim the root ends from the bok choy; cut the bok choy in half lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise.
Sear the steak; cook the stir-fry
- Cut a small corner from the steak packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Drain the mushrooms; discard the stems and thinly slice the caps.
Add the scallions and mushrooms to the pan, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the bell peppers and carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the bok choy and spinach and cook until the bok choy starts to soften and the spinach is just wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Return the steak and any accumulated juices to the pan and continue cooking until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes for medium. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Finish the dish
- Toss the glass noodles with the steak.
- Practice saying “japchae.”
- Set the table.
- Serve the meal.
- Compliment the cook.