In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Korean-style tofu burgers with kimchi slaw
Dairy-Free, Vegetarian, Spicy, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 730 Calories/Serving
You’re in good hands with Hodo Soy’s ingenious vegetarian burgers. For a dinnertime trip to Korea, we add a quick kimchi slaw and gochujang mayo.
In your bag
- 1-inch piece organic fresh ginger
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- Kimchi slaw dressing base (rice vinegar - maple syrup)
- ½ teaspoon kimchi chile flakes (optional)
- 3 ounces organic shredded green cabbage (such as Savoy)
- 3 organic scallions
- 2 Hodo tofu burgers
- 2 vegan burger buns
- 1 or 2 organic tomatoes (about ¼ pound)
- 1 organic avocado
- Sunbasket gochujang mayo (optional) (paleo mayo - gochujang)
Total Fat 39g (50% DV), Sat. Fat 4.5g (23% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 1040mg (45% DV), Total Carb. 65g (24% DV), Fiber 25g (89% DV), Total Sugars 15g (Incl. 6g Added Sugars, 12% DV), Protein 37g
Contains: Eggs, Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Make the kimchi slaw
- Grate or peel and finely chop enough ginger to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
Prep and cook the scallions
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; cut the scallions into 2-inch lengths.
Cook the burgers; toast the buns
Place the buns, cut sides down, in the pan and cook until lightly toasted, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
While the burgers cook, prepare the garnishes.
Prep the garnishes
- Cut away the cores from the tomatoes; cut the tomatoes into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Cut the avocado in half; remove the pit, scoop out the flesh, and cut into ¼-inch-thick slices.
Assemble the burgers