In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Korean-style tofu burgers with quick-pickled zucchini and kimchi
Dairy-Free, Vegan, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 440 Calories/Serving
Tofu burgers and guacamole come together with Korean chile paste and kimchi for a dish that’s pure California.
In your bag
- 1 organic zucchini or other summer squash
- 3 ounces vegan kimchi
- 3 organic scallions
- 2 Hodo organic tofu burgers
- 1 or 2 organic Roma or other tomatoes (about ¼ pound)
- Sunbasket guacamole (avocado - lime juice - kosher salt - ascorbic acid - black pepper)
- 1 teaspoon gochujang (optional) (contains soybeans and wheat)
- 1 teaspoon kimchi chile flakes (optional)
- 2 vegan whole wheat buns
Calories 440, Total Fat 16g (21% DV), Sat. Fat 1g (5% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 1080mg (47% DV), Total Carb. 58g (21% DV), Fiber 18g (64% DV), Total Sugars 9g (Incl. 3g Added Sugars, 6% DV), Protein 29g
Contains: Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the quick-pickled zucchini and kimchi
- Cut the zucchini crosswise into thin slices.
- Coarsely chop the kimchi.
Prep and cook the scallions and burgers
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; cut the scallions crosswise into 2-inch lengths.
While the burgers and scallions cook, prepare the garnishes and the buns.
Prep the garnishes; toast the buns
- Cut away the cores from the tomatoes; cut the tomatoes into ¼-inch-thick slices.
In the same pan used for the burgers, place the buns, cut sides down, and cook over medium-high heat until lightly toasted, 1 to 2 minutes.
Assemble the burgers
- Time the tofu burgers.
- Garnish the burgers with tomatoes and scallions.
- Close with the bun tops.