Kyoto chicken and soba noodle salad
Gluten Free, Dairy Free
25 - 35 Minutes
Hearty, 100% buckwheat noodles are a treat for those avoiding wheat, but they can be hard to find. Combined with chicken, kale, and bright lime, the noodles make a fresh and filling lunch or supper. Any leftover miso dressing can double as a dipping sauce for tomorrow’s crudités lunch.
- 5 ounces gluten-free soba noodles
- Two 6-ounce boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 lime
- 1 heart romaine
- 2 scallions
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- Sun Basket miso dressing (gluten-free white miso paste - almond butter - coconut aminos - water - garlic - shallot - ginger - sesame oil)
Cook the soba noodles
While the soba cooks, start the chicken.
Cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the chicken cooks and rests, prepare the rest of the salad.
Prep the kale
- Strip the kale leaves from the stems; finely chop the leaves.
- Juice the lime.
Prep the remaining salad ingredients
- Trim the root end from the romaine; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Cut the chicken crosswise into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal.
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 710, Protein: 53 g, Total Fat: 22 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 12 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5 g, Saturated Fat: 3 g, Cholesterol: 95 mg, Carbohydrates 78 g, Fiber: 12 g, Added Sugar: 0 g, Sodium: 1420 mg
Contains: tree nuts, soy