In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Kyoto salmon and mushrooms in parchment with mango-cucumber salad
Gluten-Free, Paleo, Carb-Conscious, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 450 Calories/Serving
Cooking in parchment seals in flavor and makes for tender, moist fish. A refreshing mango-cucumber salad rounds out this Asian-inspired paleo dinner.
In your bag
- 3 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- 1-inch piece organic fresh ginger
- 3 organic scallions
- Sunbasket umami blend (coconut aminos - coconut vinegar - fish sauce - sesame oil)
- 2 sheets parchment paper
- Fish options:
- 2 wild Alaskan skin-on salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic lime
- 1 organic cucumber
- 1 organic mango
- 1½ teaspoons black sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
Calories: 450, Protein: 38g (76% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 19g (29% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 11g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 55mg (18% DV), Sodium: 840mg (35% DV), Carbohydrates: 40g (13% DV), Total Sugars: 30g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Fish (anchovy)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the mushrooms
- Thinly slice the mushrooms.
- Grate or peel and finely chop enough ginger to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal. Set aside half for the salad.
- Measure 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] umami blend; set aside the rest for serving.
Assemble the parchment packets
Lay the parchment paper sheets side by side. Divide the fish between the 2  sheets (skin side down for the salmon) and season lightly with salt and pepper. Top the fish with the mushroom mixture. Working with 1 sheet at a time, bring 2 opposite sides of the parchment to the center and fold them together several times to create a tight seam. Fold up each end to form a tight seal.
Bake the parchment packets
While the fish cooks, prepare the mango-cucumber salad.
Make the mango-cucumber salad
- Juice half the lime; cut half into wedges for garnish. [Juice 1 lime; cut 1 lime into wedges.]
- Peel the cucumber, if desired; cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, then on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Trim the ends from the mango; cut away the peel, then cut the flesh away from the pit into halves. Thinly slice the halves crosswise.
- Measure the ginger.
- Measure the umami blend.
- Stir the mushroom mixture.
- Juice the lime.
- Spoon the umami blend over the cooked fish.