In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Middle Eastern lamb-beef patties with pear chutney and cauliflower “rice”
Paleo, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 670 Calories/Serving
These simple paleo patties combine lamb, beef, and an easy house-made spice blend for deep Mediterranean flavor.
In your bag
- 2 pears (such as d’Anjou)
- Pear chutney base (maple syrup - apple cider vinegar - whole grain mustard)
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 5 ounces ground lamb
- 5 ounces ground beef
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Lamb-beef spice blend (baharat - coriander - cumin)
- 10 ounces cauliflower “rice”
- 2 or 3 sprigs fresh mint
- 1 lemon
Calories: 670, Protein: 31g (62% DV), Fiber: 10g (40% DV), Total Fat: 35g (54% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 20g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 11g (55% DV), Cholesterol: 95mg (32% DV), Sodium: 220mg (9% DV), Carbohydrates: 58g (19% DV), Total Sugars: 37g, Added Sugars: (Maple syrup): 9g (18% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ¼ teaspoon kosher salt added to the recipe averages 240mg per serving, or 10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.
Wash produce before use
Start the pear chutney
- Cut the pears lengthwise into quarters and cut away the cores; cut the quarters lengthwise into 1-inch strips, then crosswise into 1-inch-wide pieces.
While the chutney cooks, prepare the rest of the meal.
Make the patties
- Cut a small corner from the ground lamb packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Repeat with the ground beef.
- Grate or peel and finely chop enough ginger to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for the cauliflower “rice.”
Cook the cauliflower “rice”
Cook the patties
While the patties cook, finish the chutney.
Finish the chutney
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Juice half the lemon; cut half into wedges for garnish.