In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Lamb chops with warm freekeh salad, dried apricots, and pistachios
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Spicy, No Added Sugar, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 1000 Calories/Serving
Bop to the beat of Chic’s “Le Freak” with this delicious Middle Eastern meal starring nutrient-rich freekeh, sweet apricots, fresh mint, and earthy lamb chops.
In your bag
- ½ cup freekeh
- Protein options:
- 2 bone-in center-cut lamb loin chops (about 8 ounces each)
- 2 Black Angus rib-eyes (about 10 ounces each)
- 2 Black Angus New York strips (about 10 ounces each)
- 2 Black Angus filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
- Sunbasket coriander spice blend (panko - all-purpose flour - granulated garlic - coriander - cumin)
- 1 ounce dried apricots
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted pistachios
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- Sunbasket lemon vinaigrette base (lemon juice - onion - garlic - Dijon mustard - porcini powder)
- 1 teaspoon Urfa chile flakes
- 3 ounces organic baby arugula or other leafy greens
Calories 1000, Total Fat 71g (91% DV), Sat. Fat 23g (115% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 115mg (38% DV), Sodium 190mg (8% DV), Total Carb. 60g (22% DV), Fiber 9g (32% DV), Total Sugars 11g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 36g
Contains: Tree Nuts (pistachio), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the freekeh
In a small sauce pot, combine the freekeh and 1⅓ cups [2⅓ cups] salted water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until the freekeh is tender and the water is absorbed, 18 to 20 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep and cook your protein
- Pat your protein dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
On a plate, spread the coriander spice blend in an even layer. Press your protein firmly into the spice blend, coating both sides.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add your protein.
Cook, turning once, until well browned, 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare.
For rib-eyes and New York strips:
Cook, turning once, until well browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare.
For filet mignons:
Cook, turning frequently, until well browned, 8 to 12 minutes for medium-rare.
Transfer your protein to a plate. While your protein is cooking, prepare the salad.
Make the freekeh salad
- Finely chop the apricots.
- Coarsely chop the pistachios.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely tear the leaves.
In a large bowl, stir together the lemon vinaigrette base and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper and as much Urfa chile as you like. Add the freekeh, apricots, pistachios, and mint and toss to combine. Gently stir in the arugula. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the warm freekeh salad to individual plates, top with your protein, and serve.
- Measure the water for the freekeh.
- Spread the spice blend on a plate.
- Time the cooking.
- Strip and tear the mint leaves.
- Measure the oil for the vinaigrette.