In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Lamb lavash tacos with ras el hanout and tzatziki
Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 780 Calories/Serving
These Middle Eastern “tacos” feature our favorite lavash for the shells, filled with lamb and topped off with fragrant spices and a cucumber-yogurt tzatziki.
In your bag
- 10 ounces ground lamb
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon ras el hanout
- 1 organic red onion
- Sunbasket tomato base (tomatoes - tomato paste - garlic)
- 1 organic cucumber
- ½ cup organic Greek yogurt
- 4 round whole grain lavash
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (optional)
Nutrition per serving
Calories 780, Total Fat 42g (54% DV), Sat. Fat 15g (75% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 145mg (48% DV), Sodium 320mg (14% DV), Total Carb. 54g (20% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 9g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 50g
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the lamb
- Cut a small corner from the ground lamb packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for garnish.
Cook the lamb and sauce
- Peel and finely chop enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
While the lamb and sauce cook, prepare the tzatziki and lavash.
Make the tzatziki
- Peel the cucumber, if desired; cut the cucumber into ¼-inch pieces.
Toast the lavash; assemble the tacos
Spoon the lamb mixture evenly over the lavash, leaving a ½-inch border around the edges. Fold up to form tacos.
- Strip the mint leaves.
- Measure the onion.
- Stir the tzatziki.
- Garnish the tacos with tzatziki, sumac, and mint.