In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Easy lamb gyros with tomatoes and cucumber tzatziki
2 Servings, 590 Calories/Serving
These open-faced gyros are as good as ones you’d find at your favorite Greek or Middle Eastern restaurant. Topped off with creamy cucumber tzatziki, this delicious main-course sandwich is great on busy weeknights.
In your bag
- 1 organic cucumber
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup organic Greek yogurt
- 10 ounces ground lamb
- Sunbasket harissa spice blend (granulated garlic - harissa powder - sweet smoked paprika)
- 2 whole grain pita breads
- 1 ounce organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
Calories 590, Total Fat 46g (59% DV), Sat. Fat 16g (80% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 105mg (35% DV), Sodium 420mg (18% DV), Total Carb. 37g (13% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 5g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 38g
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the cucumber tzatziki; prep the tomatoes
- Peel the cucumber, if desired, and trim the ends; cut the cucumber in half lengthwise. Cut the halves lengthwise into ¼-inch-thick slices, then crosswise into enough ¼-inch pieces to measure ½ cup [1 cup].
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Cut the tomatoes in half; set aside for garnish.
Cook the lamb; warm the pita breads
- Cut a small corner from the ground lamb packages and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
On the stovetop directly over a flame, or in the same pan used for the lamb over medium heat, warm the pita breads, turning once, until lightly toasted, about 30 seconds per side. Alternatively, toast them in a toaster.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Stir the cucumber tzatziki.
- Top the gyros with spinach, tzatziki, and tomatoes.