In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Lamb köfte with tomato relish and tzatziki
Soy-Free, Mediterranean, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 660 Calories/Serving
Turkish-inspired köfte deliver rich flavor fast. Customizable (as spicy as you’d like!) tomato relish and a cooling mint tzatziki balance the richness of the meat in this fast meal.
In your bag
- 1 organic cucumber
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 10 ounces ground lamb
- Sunbasket smoky garlic blend (granulated garlic - coriander - sweet smoked paprika)
- 3 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons sambal oelek (optional)
- 4 Atoria’s Family Bakery lavash
- 1 teaspoon sumac
Calories 660, Total Fat 38g (49% DV), Sat. Fat 12g (60% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 75mg (25% DV), Sodium 510mg (22% DV), Total Carb. 53g (19% DV), Fiber 10g (36% DV), Total Sugars 9g (Incl. 3g Added Sugars, 6% DV), Protein 30g
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Make the tzatziki
- Peel the cucumber, if desired; cut the cucumber into enough ¼-inch pieces to measure ¼ cup [½ cup].
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely tear or chop the leaves. Set aside half for garnish.
Make and cook the lamb köfte
- Cut a small corner from the ground lamb packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
In a large frying pan over medium heat, warm 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil until hot but not smoking. Add the lamb köfte and cook, turning occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
While the lamb köfte cook, prepare the tomato relish and heat the lavash.
Make the tomato relish
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters.
Toast the lavash
- Measure the cucumber.
- Strip and tear the mint leaves.
- Stir the tzatziki.
- Garnish the köfte with tzatziki, sumac, and mint.