In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Lamb meatballs with estamboli polow tomato rice
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 670 Calories/Serving
Lamb meatballs spiced with baharat, coriander, and cumin pair with Persian tomato rice, or estamboli polow, in this easy-prep meal.
In your bag
- ¾ cup basmati rice
- Sunbasket tomato-turmeric sauce base (tomatoes - tomato paste - turmeric)
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 10 ounces ground lamb
- 1 organic egg
- Sunbasket Persian meatball spice blend (baharat - coriander - cumin)
- ¼ cup almond meal
- 1 cup organic mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- 1 cup chicken broth
Calories 670, Total Fat 27g (35% DV), Sat. Fat 7g (35% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 145mg (48% DV), Sodium 620mg (27% DV), Total Carb. 64g (23% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 4g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 40g
Contains: Eggs, Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
While the rice cooks, prepare the meatballs.
Prep the meatballs
- Finely chop half the spinach. Set aside the remaining spinach for the sauce.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro. Set aside half for garnish.
- Cut a small corner from the ground lamb packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
Brown the meatballs
Make the sauce; finish the dish
Add the chicken broth and meatballs and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring gently a few times, until the meatballs are cooked through and the sauce is thickened, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in the remaining spinach, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Rinse the rice.
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Divide the spinach and cilantro in half.
- Garnish with the cilantro.