In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Lamb merguez patties with carrot-raisin salad
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 760 Calories/Serving
Aromatic North African flavors infuse these fast, paleo-friendly lamb patties; even the youngest diners will love the easy carrot salad.
In your bag
- 1¼ pounds carrots
- 2 teaspoons baharat
- ⅓ cup roasted almonds
- 1¼ pounds ground lamb
- Fresh cilantro
- Merguez spice blend (sweet paprika - cumin - fennel seeds - granulated garlic - coriander)
- 1 wedge preserved lemon
- ¼ pound baby arugula
- ¼ pound baby spinach
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- Sunbasket lemon-tahini dressing (paleo mayonnaise - tahini - lemon juice - salt)
Total Fat 59g (76% DV), Sat. Fat 33g (165% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 120mg (40% DV), Sodium 700mg (30% DV), Total Carb. 31g (11% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 15g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 32g
Contains: Eggs, Tree Nuts
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the carrots
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim off the tops; cut the carrots into quarters lengthwise, then on the diagonal into 1-inch lengths.
- Measure out 1 teaspoon baharat. Set aside the rest for the almonds.
While the carrots cook, prepare the almonds.
Toast the almonds
- Coarsely chop the almonds.
Prep the lamb patties
- Cut a small corner from the ground lamb packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro; set aside half for the salad.
Cook the lamb patties
While the lamb patties cook, prepare the salad.
Make the carrot-raisin salad
- Remove any pulp from the preserved lemon; finely chop the peel.
Chef’s tip: Before cooking the patties, you can test the seasoning of the mixture by cooking a tablespoon or so in a small frying pan on the stove top over medium-high heat.
- Measure the baharat.
- Divide the cilantro.
- Toss the carrot-raisin salad.
- Serve the meal.
- Sweep the floor.