In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Marrakech lamb merguez patties with warm carrot salad
Paleo, Mediterranean, Soy-Free, Carb-Conscious, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 720 Calories/Serving
Infused with aromatic spices and paired with a North African–inspired salad, these flavorful lamb patties are a fan favorite of our Test Kitchen.
In your bag
- 3 or 4 organic carrots (about 9 ounces total)
- 10 ounces ground lamb
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- Sun Basket merguez spice blend (fennel seeds - sweet paprika - granulated garlic - cumin - coriander)
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted almonds
- Sun Basket lemon-tahini dressing base (lemon juice - tahini - garlic - orange juice - Marash chile flakes)
- 3 ounces organic baby arugula or other leafy greens
- 2 tablespoons raisins
Calories: 720, Protein: 23g (46% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 58g (89% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 20g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 14g (70% DV), Cholesterol: 70mg (23% DV), Sodium: 160mg (7% DV), Carbohydrates: 27g (9% DV), Total Sugars: 12g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the carrots
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim the ends; cut the carrots in half lengthwise, then on the diagonal into 2-inch lengths.
Stir in ¼ cup [⅓ cup] white wine (from your pantry) or water and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the carrots are tender and lightly browned, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, prepare the lamb merguez patties.
Prep and cook the lamb merguez patties
- Cut a small corner from the ground lamb packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro; set aside half for the carrot salad.
In another large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Working in batches if needed, add the patties and cook, turning once, until browned and cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes per side for medium. Transfer to a plate. Add more oil between batches if needed. While the patties are cooking, start preparing the rest of the meal.
Prep the almonds; make the dressing and carrot salad
- Coarsely chop the almonds for garnish.
In a large bowl, toss together the carrots, arugula, raisins, remaining cilantro, and half the lemon-tahini dressing (set aside the remaining dressing for serving). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Scrub the carrots.
- Divide the cilantro.
- Stir the lemon-tahini dressing.
- Assemble the carrot salad.
- Garnish with the almonds.