In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Marrakech lamb merguez patties with warm carrot salad
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Carb-Conscious
2 Servings, 710 Calories/Serving
Take a tour of North Africa without leaving your kitchen. Thanks to our pre-mixed spice blend, these flavorful Marrakech patties are a breeze to make at home.
In your bag
- 3 or 4 organic carrots (about 9 ounces total)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- Your choice of protein
- Sunbasket merguez spice blend (fennel seeds - sweet paprika - granulated garlic - cumin - coriander)
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted almonds
- Sunbasket lemon-tahini dressing base (lemon juice - tahini - garlic - orange juice - Marash chile flakes)
- 3 ounces organic baby arugula or other leafy greens
- 2 tablespoons raisins
Calories 710, Total Fat 59g (76% DV), Sat. Fat 14g (70% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 70mg (23% DV), Sodium 170mg (7% DV), Total Carb. 27g (10% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 12g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 23g
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the carrots
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim the ends; cut the carrots in half lengthwise, then on the diagonal into 2-inch lengths.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons butter or oil (from your pantry) until hot but not smoking. Add the carrots, season generously with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften, 2 to 3 minutes.
Stir in ¼ cup [⅓ cup] white wine (from your pantry) or water and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the carrots are tender and lightly browned, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, prepare the merguez patties.
Prep the merguez patties
- Coarsely chop the cilantro; set aside half for the carrot salad.
- Cut a small corner from your protein packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
In a large bowl, combine your protein, merguez spice blend, and half the cilantro. Season generously with salt and pepper and mix gently until just combined. Using wet hands, form the mixture into four [eight] ½-inch-thick patties.
Cook the merguez patties
In another large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Working in batches if needed, add the patties.
Lamb, beef, pork, or plant-based Impossible Burger: Cook, turning once, until browned and cooked to the desired doneness, 2 to 4 minutes per side.
Chicken or turkey: Cook, turning once, until browned and cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes per side.
While the patties are cooking, start preparing the rest of the meal.
Prep the almonds; make the dressing and carrot salad
- Coarsely chop the almonds for garnish.
In a small bowl, stir together the lemon-tahini dressing base and 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, toss together the carrots, arugula, raisins, remaining cilantro, and half the lemon-tahini dressing (set aside the remaining dressing for serving). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the carrot salad to individual bowls and top with the merguez patties. Garnish with the almonds and serve the remaining dressing on the side.
- Scrub the carrots.
- Divide the cilantro.
- Stir the lemon-tahini dressing.
- Assemble the carrot salad.
- Garnish with the almonds.