In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Lamb moussaka skillet with eggplant and toasted flatbread
2 Servings, 570 Calories/Serving
Kind of like a Greek lasagna, this moussaka combines lamb and eggplant in a luscious stove-top dish. In place of béchamel sauce, it’s drizzled with minty yogurt.
In your bag
- 2 whole grain naan flatbreads
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 10 ounces ground lamb
- Sunbasket moussaka spice blend (granulated garlic - dried oregano - cinnamon - allspice)
- 1 organic globe eggplant
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- ¼ cup organic Greek yogurt
- 1 ounce organic baby arugula or other leafy greens
Calories: 570, Protein: 39g (78% DV), Fiber: 10g (40% DV), Total Fat: 28g (43% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 15g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 70mg (23% DV), Sodium: 390mg (16% DV), Carbohydrates: 47g (16% DV), Total Sugars: 15g, Added Sugars: (naan contains added sugar): 2g (4% DV).
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Toast the flatbreads
On a sheet pan, place the flatbreads side by side, brush the tops lightly with oil, and season lightly with salt. Bake until lightly browned and starting to crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board to cool slightly, then cut into 1-inch-wide strips.
While the flatbreads toast, start preparing the moussaka.
Start the lamb moussaka
- Peel and coarsely chop the shallots.
- Cut a small corner from the ground lamb packages and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
While the shallots and lamb cook, prepare the eggplant.
Prep the eggplant; finish the moussaka
- Remove the stem from the eggplant; peel the eggplant, if desired. Cut the eggplant in half lengthwise. Cut each half lengthwise into 1-inch-thick strips, the strips lengthwise into 1-inch-wide sticks, and the sticks crosswise into 1-inch cubes.
Stir in the lamb and any accumulated juices and cook until the lamb is warmed through, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
While the moussaka cooks, prepare the mint-yogurt sauce and the arugula salad.
Make the sauce and arugula salad
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
In a medium bowl, toss the arugula with 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Brush the flatbreads with oil and season with salt.
- Strip the mint leaves.
- Stir the mint-yogurt sauce.
- Toss the arugula salad.